Why i'm here...

C

Coopsyx

Hi,
I'm here because I feel like I need to speak to someone about my mental health. I feel like i've been denying that there is something wrong for a while but I feel as though i've suddenly hit rock bottom. My boyfriend of 4 years just split up with me and I can't help but feel it's my fault because of whats been going on in my head. I feel like a different person and I don't know how to get back to who I was before this whole thing started. I don't have the best relationship with my family and I feel like the only person I could talk about my brain with was my boyfriend but now I have noone.

A

anxiousbee

Chances are it's probably not your fault and you're just overthinking. But I know how that feels and it's very very hard to stop overthinking when something like that happens. We're going through very similar situations and if you want to talk, I'm on here a lot. :)

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hi Coopsy!

So sorry to hear about your struggles! It took me a long time also to admit that I needed professional help and that is a step forward and towards healing. It's unfortunate how mental illness affects us. Sometimes it's hard to separate ourselves from who we are and our mental illness. But, as anxiousbee mentioned, it's not your fault. We're all dealt a hand of cards that we're just gonna have to play and try to play to our advantage. I'm here if you wanna talk as well! The forum has very nice and supportive people. Know that you're not alone in what you're going through.

megirl

megirl

Hi and :welcome:

I am sorry to hear of your struggles.
Yes I was in denial for a long time that there was anything wrong with me.
I guess I knew how crook I was but didn't want to admit it.
Looking back its a shame I couldn't have chosen to be truly honest and said how things were without others having to step in for me.
Its a process but the quicker you ask for help the faster your recovery.

Do keep posting you will find the forum a great place to be