• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Why have I been treatment resistant so far? Is there any hope for me overcoming depression?

R

RussianCaliGirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So far I’ve tried
•Trintellix- on 25 mg right now which is 5mg above the highest FDA approved dose.
•TMS therapy specifically for depression.

Both methods worked for a while but then the trintellix stopped working about a couple months after raising the doses. TMS worked well too for about 2 weeks out of the 6 week treatment.
I’ve been on Wellbutrin for a couple weeks now and it’s working well but I am absolutely terrified that it’ll stop too. The last options I have is ketamine therapy and if that doesn’t work then shrooms- they’re approved for medical use in Oregon and many studies show they help with depression. If those three things stop working too then I’m straight out of options which would mean that my life would not be worth living. But right now I still have hope left.
My theory is that the depression comes back becuase I have to admit- I’m an angry and even toxic person at times. I can’t get over what was done to me in the past thats’s why. I hear depression is repressed anger. Could this be the reason why treatment stops working?

Also, has anyone else been treatment resistant too but then found something that worked?

On Fire

On Fire

Maybe you have undiagnosed EUPD/BPD? That would explain your anger and being treatment resistant.

R

RussianCaliGirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe you have undiagnosed EUPD/BPD? That would explain your anger and being treatment resistant.
I am diagnosed with BPD actually alongside this major depression diagnosis. I’m on Lamotrigine which is one of the best medications for BPD according to my psychiatrist. I am getting that condition treated with medication and I just started therapy for it last week.