• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why don't I get better?

Agatha

Agatha

I have been trying to get better for it seems forever. My doctor just put me on prozac about 3 weeks ago. I am unhappy about being overweight and am going to start doing something about it soon. I am not going to have any more carbs most of the time until I lose a good amount of weight. You see my weight is one thing that I know makes me unhappy. I am also unhappy about growing old. I know we all have to go through it but it seems like hell to get old. There is nothing I can do about that. I can't work due to disability and I don't have any energy to do hardly anything including chores around here. I have been on geodon and trazadone for quite some time but was still depressed and he added prozac. Just feel like this unhappiness will never end.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
First of all I love that Dancing Cat.

It's hard to find any happiness when you are stuck in a rut like this. I am in a similar rut myself at the moment.

Hopefully when the Prozac kicks in you will start to feel better.

x

Agatha

Agatha

Thanks for your post. It's a low dose of prozac, 20 mg. I felt better at first and now I am feeling down again. I'm really tired of this freezing cold weather we are having, too. Plus my bird is sick and I can't get her to the vet yet because it's too cold to go out there. She could die now if I take her out. I think a nice warm sunshiney day would help.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

I agree with you about the warm sunshine Day - I can't wait for spring and the warm air to return!

Agatha

Agatha

It's supposed to go up to 40 on Tuesday which is a heat wave compared to what we have had lately. I need for it to go up more to take Lucy out.