• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why don't i feel better?

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
I have now been on depot of depixol now for 10 weeks(about that) and i still don't feel better, in fact i just feel like nothing. I don't feel happy or sad as such just tired and empty and an over welming feeling that life is not worth living and i just would like to go to sleep and never wake up. I am trying to get all my affairs in order so that there is less for my family to do when i go. My daughter stayed with me last night and even that did not help. I was supposed to see her again tomorrow but just don't feel that i can cope with it at all.

I feel that it is the medication that is making me feel like this but know that if i ask to come off it they will start saying non-complience again and go on about hospital as per usual.

Anybody else feeling similar? Any thoughts on what to do? I would really like to come off all medication as i feel that it is the medication that is making me ill not any mental problems that i may(according to the pydoc) have. I think i am going to take to my bed as that is all i feel like doing these days.

A

Apotheosis

Anybody else feeling similar? Any thoughts on what to do? I would really like to come off all medication as i feel that it is the medication that is making me ill not any mental problems that i may(according to the pydoc) have. I think i am going to take to my bed as that is all i feel like doing these days.
Yes - I feel similar. I am in a limbo land on the meds. Yes, meds appear to work for some; but far from all. To my understanding - at best the meds mask symptoms; they don't cure or deal with anything. They just push the 'problems' deeper. I firmly think that there are far better ways of dealing with mental distress, than meds - but what do we do? - the system is stacked against us to force meds & offer very little else in the way of any kind of therapeutic assistance. To put it bluntly - we are Royally Screwed.

It isn't that other non med alternatives don't work - because they plainly do & have have been proved to. The problem is finding access to them.

http://spiritualrecoveries.blogspot.com/2006/05/dr-john-weir-perry-diabasis.html

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
Yes - I feel similar. I am in a limbo land on the meds. Yes, meds appear to work for some; but far from all. To my understanding - at best the meds mask symptoms; they don't cure or deal with anything. They just push the 'problems' deeper. I firmly think that there are far better ways of dealing with mental distress, than meds - but what do we do? - the system is stacked against us to force meds & offer very little else in the way of any kind of therapeutic assistance. To put it bluntly - we are Royally Screwed.

It isn't that other non med alternatives don't work - because they plainly do & have have been proved to. The problem is finding access to them.

You are so right. I hate taking medication as they make me feel like crap but if i refuse they talk about hospital and not getting my daughter back. I just feel like nothing is going to change.

A

Apotheosis

You are so right. I hate taking medication as they make me feel like crap but if i refuse they talk about hospital and not getting my daughter back. I just feel like nothing is going to change.
It's a very hard one isn't it? Psychiatry is social control. Sometimes I wonder if it's better to be one of the people who believe the orthodox lies - that I am genetically different; that has lead to a chemical imbalance - & that I need meds to correct it. That the tablets are the best there is, & I will never recover, & recovery is not possible. But such things, I have to say, I think are utter nonsense. I have never believed such things, & I never will.

What I have done over the years is to act compliance - reduce the meds to as low as possible - learn the orthodox psychiatric language - & follow as much I can a recovery ethos & alternative healing methods.

It hasn't been easy - & I'm still stuck on meds - with very little in the way of the genuine support & help I need to address this condition. It appears to be our lot - tragic & sad - but it appears that that's the way it is. Maybe there is a life lesson in it somewhere?