• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why don't i feel better?

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
I have now been on depot of depixol now for 10 weeks(about that) and i still don't feel better, in fact i just feel like nothing. I don't feel happy or sad as such just tired and empty and an over welming feeling that life is not worth living and i just would like to go to sleep and never wake up. I am trying to get all my affairs in order so that there is less for my family to do when i go. My daughter stayed with me last night and even that did not help. I was supposed to see her again tomorrow but just don't feel that i can cope with it at all.

I feel that it is the medication that is making me feel like this but know that if i ask to come off it they will start saying non-complience again and go on about hospital as per usual.

Anybody else feeling similar? Any thoughts on what to do? I would really like to come off all medication as i feel that it is the medication that is making me ill not any mental problems that i may(according to the pydoc) have. I think i am going to take to my bed as that is all i feel like doing these days.

A

Apotheosis

Anybody else feeling similar? Any thoughts on what to do? I would really like to come off all medication as i feel that it is the medication that is making me ill not any mental problems that i may(according to the pydoc) have. I think i am going to take to my bed as that is all i feel like doing these days.
Yes - I feel similar. I am in a limbo land on the meds. Yes, meds appear to work for some; but far from all. To my understanding - at best the meds mask symptoms; they don't cure or deal with anything. They just push the 'problems' deeper. I firmly think that there are far better ways of dealing with mental distress, than meds - but what do we do? - the system is stacked against us to force meds & offer very little else in the way of any kind of therapeutic assistance. To put it bluntly - we are Royally Screwed.

It isn't that other non med alternatives don't work - because they plainly do & have have been proved to. The problem is finding access to them.

http://spiritualrecoveries.blogspot.com/2006/05/dr-john-weir-perry-diabasis.html

S

scooby1001

Founding Member
Yes - I feel similar. I am in a limbo land on the meds. Yes, meds appear to work for some; but far from all. To my understanding - at best the meds mask symptoms; they don't cure or deal with anything. They just push the 'problems' deeper. I firmly think that there are far better ways of dealing with mental distress, than meds - but what do we do? - the system is stacked against us to force meds & offer very little else in the way of any kind of therapeutic assistance. To put it bluntly - we are Royally Screwed.

It isn't that other non med alternatives don't work - because they plainly do & have have been proved to. The problem is finding access to them.

You are so right. I hate taking medication as they make me feel like crap but if i refuse they talk about hospital and not getting my daughter back. I just feel like nothing is going to change.

A

Apotheosis

You are so right. I hate taking medication as they make me feel like crap but if i refuse they talk about hospital and not getting my daughter back. I just feel like nothing is going to change.
It's a very hard one isn't it? Psychiatry is social control. Sometimes I wonder if it's better to be one of the people who believe the orthodox lies - that I am genetically different; that has lead to a chemical imbalance - & that I need meds to correct it. That the tablets are the best there is, & I will never recover, & recovery is not possible. But such things, I have to say, I think are utter nonsense. I have never believed such things, & I never will.

What I have done over the years is to act compliance - reduce the meds to as low as possible - learn the orthodox psychiatric language - & follow as much I can a recovery ethos & alternative healing methods.

It hasn't been easy - & I'm still stuck on meds - with very little in the way of the genuine support & help I need to address this condition. It appears to be our lot - tragic & sad - but it appears that that's the way it is. Maybe there is a life lesson in it somewhere?