• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why does this happen?

V

volnash

It seems like ive subscribed to every single thread on the mental health forum is this a glitch or an error? i get notified over email over almost every single thread, and subject what's going on with that?

If ive posted in a thread do i get notified about that thread forever thereafter?

Just curious, i have about 1600 emails now and most of them are from here.

Mister.B

Mister.B

Yeah, this used to piss me off too.

All you can do is unsubscribe in your profile, but you'll still get notifications from the threads so far (before you turned it off)

Gajolene

Gajolene

Can you not turn off the nofications directly through your email account or direct them to the spam folder. I know I hardly ever use my email account anymore, always about 500 to 1500 or more to clear up and delete. It's a pain in the ass so I just don't bother unless I'm specifically expecting a verification or personal email.
I did come back to the forum after a long break however because someone here made it a point to email me and asked for me to come back. I am so glad I did.

pepecat

pepecat

The forum automatically subscribes you to threads you reply to, unless you tell it not to. It used to annoy me as well!

Go into 'settings' (at the top under the forum banner where notifications are as well)
then on the left under 'my settings', you want 'my account' and 'general settings'
click on 'general settings'
and when the box opens up there's a section entitled 'messaging and notification' and then 'default thread subscription mode', and a drop down that you can select 'do not subscribe'.

That will turn off all your subscriptions so you don't get any emails at all about threads.

If there ARE any threads you want to follow, you'll have to choose to subscribe to them individually. Go to the first post on the thread, and in the little grey line above you might be able to see 'thread tools' and then you can subscribe to the thread.

I think...... But the turning off notifications bit is definitely right!

Darkred

Darkred

I'm going to try this because it really annoys me too.

I knew I had already done it yet I still get them.