• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why does my soul feel so bad

SadSoul

SadSoul

I listened to that song today. It is so true for me. I feel so sad, my soul feels so sad, i just feel so sad all the time. I do get brief reprieves but they are very brief. I'm always walking beneath a dark cloud. When it rains, it pours. When the sun peeks through, cloud very quickly blocks out the light.

porkpie

porkpie

This thoughtful post touched me, I don't know why but hang in there.

SadSoul

SadSoul

I'm glad Porkpie. The sun is here now but it will be brief. I dread going to bed because that is when everything hits me. I am left alone in the dark with my thoughts and that is not a good thing. In the day i am more distracted. I'm going to lay down and watch casualty now and try and get some empty mind time. :hug:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hugs to you SadSoul. :hug1:
Your posts resonate with me too. My soul is sad at the moment and I know how the loneliness of the early hours can make you feel worse.
I hope that you manage to get to sleep ok this evening.

Do you ever read before going to bed?
I know that's a bit random but I find that reading a novel helps distract my thoughts until i'm sleepy enough that I know i'll nod off as soon as I turn out the light.
If I don't read, I stay awake spiralling lower and lower.

SadSoul

SadSoul

I should read, thanks for reminding me. I have my kindle with me so will try. It's escapism isn't it.