• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why does it feel like Stupidity is a "Badge of Honor"

B

BpTyrant

I had just got a new TV in, so I decided to list my old one locally to sell

Within a couple hours i was at almost a dozen uneducated clowns that wouldn't even so much as type the model number in Google to learn a single thing about the TV im selling

So they assume I'm selling the cheapest similar TV they can find at their local Walmart, which despite being 4 years newer than my old one and the same brand is actually worse in every way

And most of these people were going off about how it can't be "Premium Quality" with the screen having a problem (even though its an infrequent problem that can go away completely for Weeks)

As if anything cant be high quality, while simulation having a minor problem

Is a $600 bike any less Premium if you have to tighten up a few things or put pressure in the air?

Is a $40,000 car any less Premium if you cant get a Sensor to stop reading a problem?

Literally the problem with the TV is that the Backlight sometimes flickers, but 99% of the time its perfect

And it never loses color or detail on the picture

Yet I'm left feeling bad for being honest because if I hadn't said anything I would have an easier sale

But then it might come back to haunt me later on if the problem came back and I didn't say anything

Its like I'm at a loss no matter what

B

BpTyrant

I just had this dude spend hours swearing up and down that an Onn is the Pinnacle of TV technology and anything more expensive is a ripoff because picture quality is a Myth

I think some people have to delude themselves as such because they dont feel like or can't afford anything better

After all, why look at a $1500 TV, if you are already convinced a $300 TV is as good and the $1500 TV is $1200 overpriced?