• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

why does he keep making comments

S

shell

My husband keeps making comments about my bipolar that really wind me up and make me lose my temper all the time. Like tonight he read a letter from my psychatrist. And immediaetly said "your bipolar is very deep rooted", that really made me angry because I have never been in hospital and have had bipolar since i was about 13 yrs old. I have only recently been diagnosed.

I feel his comments only make my condition worse. We nearly split up because he hit my daughter let a mark, social services got involved and even though nothing was done about him hitting my daughter Im a nutter !!! His family all went against me and I nearly divorced him.

We are back together now but he says stuff all the time to bring me down , I almost feel like he is trying to make me feel really bad about myself .
I just feel like I'm better off without him sometimes but I would lose the kids :cry:

J

jema88

Sheeeeeeellllll :( :( :(
Noo u wouldnt loose the kids!!..
Promise u..
I've not lost Alfie.. && if hes making u worse dont u want to be happy hun??.. tx me ive got my phone back need number.. Love Jem xxxx

BORTU

BORTU

Oh shell,
How dreadful for you. Your other sounds like he does not understand. I know that a lot of really nice people go to pieces when faced with mh probs. The thing is to think of the kids, it is not their fault and should not suffer. Apart from that you have our love and support.

Just remember that there is a new life around the corner, so hang on till it gets to you.

lulubelle

lulubelle

hey shell,

sorry to hear to having a rotten time of it! My ex is a complete twat, always making nasty and unhelpful comments about my Bipolar, tells anyone that will listen what a "nut job" I am. I promise you you will not lose your kids at all - I still have my baby.

Hope things get better
lu xxx

S

shell

Social services recommended he get recidency if we split up!!!! His family have said really nasty things about me Im nasty, my mum was an alcoholic ?? Just crap really that really hurt I don't really speak to them now or don't ever want to. I said I'm sorry for the things I did but I think having this shitty illness is enough payback don't you ????

Leave and I have no family my mum had dementia and no friends small minded villagers xxx

S

suki1066

hi shell
are you happier with him or without him??????
sometimes the fear of being alone is so great we stay with the wrong sort of man.
having bipolar does not equate to loosing your kids love.
i hope things pick up for you have you looked through the self help section here? Apotho postd some interesting material, give it a go and read some positive things, much love sugar xxxxx

S

shell

Thanks Suki. I don't know? My head is all over right now ? He just seems to wind me up. Everything he says winds me up!!!

S

suki1066

perhaps thats what he wants..... to push you to breaking point... he sounds contolling and not supportive, is that what you want?

if you was someone else looking in at your relationship... how would you advise yourself???
it is a toughie shell i understand, i carnt tell you what to do, only you can deside and its so hard with young kids
i do know however staying with someone for the wrong reasons only makes the unhappiness last longer
i have made some bad choises with men, and im happy now basicly from learning to say what i trully mean, letting go of the bad feelings, and doing what i want rather than what they want. be selfish and put your self first, do what you want xxx