• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why does God bother to keep me alive?

GaryC123

GaryC123

Why? I'm tired of suffering. I don't want to suffer anymore. Please make it stop.

GaryC123

GaryC123

I don't want to live anymore. Not like this. I have no one to love and no one loves me. What am I supposed to do?

GaryC123

GaryC123

And no one has ever loved me. I've been alone all my life. It's lonely.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya GaryC123. Its awful when we feel like this. You aren't unlovable just you haven't got anything in your life at the moment. What happened to make you feel this way? Did something in the past occur?

GaryC123

GaryC123

Hiya GaryC123. Its awful when we feel like this. You aren't unlovable just you haven't got anything in your life at the moment. What happened to make you feel this way? Did something in the past occur?
I'm in love with yet another woman who says I will "never" be anything more than a friend. I've tried to win her heart by helping her out financially during a time of extreme economic misfortune for her and it means nothing. NOTHING!!! She doesn't care for me. She just takes my money and just says, "thanks, Gary." She puts up a wall that I can't climb, gives absolutely NOTHING in return for what I give her. All she does is take. And she says I'm in no shape to date anyone so she won't set me up with any of her friends or anyone because I'm too "negative". I need to be more "positive" and "grateful" for what I have. BUT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE TO LOVE ME AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN LOVED BY ANY WOMAN. What should I be "grateful" for????????? What is there for me to be "positive" about???????

E

EclipticNight

As a man of science I would put forth that God is not keeping you alive, instinct is. If you are waiting for a supernatural deity to hook you up I think it might be a long wait. There are plenty of nice women out there, go find her. I know you have your heart set on the one you spoke of but really, does a relationship with someone who calls you negitive and pessimistic sound fun? You can do it. :)

C

celticlass

We all have to run with the ebb and flow of life Gary. I have certainly been in the uncomfortable position of loving someone who did not return the favour. I do feel concern for your state of mind. Not sure what approach you take to treatment but I would urge you to look at that with your Doctor. In the meantime I would urge you to be out and about each day. Maybe you could go to a certain Cafe a few times a week? Or find a small interest group you could participate in. I would cut the tie with that woman as she is 9reventing you from moving forward.

euhidajat9919

euhidajat9919

I'm in love with yet another woman who says I will "never" be anything more than a friend. I've tried to win her heart by helping her out financially during a time of extreme economic misfortune for her and it means nothing. NOTHING!!! She doesn't care for me. She just takes my money and just says, "thanks, Gary." She puts up a wall that I can't climb, gives absolutely NOTHING in return for what I give her. All she does is take. And she says I'm in no shape to date anyone so she won't set me up with any of her friends or anyone because I'm too "negative". I need to be more "positive" and "grateful" for what I have. BUT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ONE TO LOVE ME AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN LOVED BY ANY WOMAN. What should I be "grateful" for????????? What is there for me to be "positive" about???????
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. It must be awful to hear all the words she throws at you although you had helped her during her most time of needs. As a Christian, we are called to love God with all our hearts, mind and soul and to love others as ourselves (this is the ideal we strive for as a Christian but in reality we failed a lot of times to do these two commandments given by God). Even for me when I struggle in life a lot of times I failed to be grateful even for the smallest things that God gives me even for the life I am given and the breadth I am given. I believe He keeps you safe because in His good plan He has a purpose for you. I believe you haven't yet meet people who accept you for who you are and could connect with you in a deep emotion level. But, don't give up and loose your hope. You are not alone here. And, it is alright to pray and asked God what God wanted to tells you through this experience? You can also ask about why it happens to you and how you can response in a right way with His wisdom. You can try this and I do hope you feel better when you read this message. I am sending you big hugs :grouphug: