• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why does everything these days take endless paperwork?

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
I seem to be getting drowned in paper recently what with applying for uni and everything and i was just taking an oppurtunity for a rant. I can't seem to get anywhere because as soon as i have one form filled out i seem to get several new ones back or i need to prove what i put down in a previous one, i still need to catch up telling my bank etc. that i've moved again :mad: and one of the things i have problems with is that i have trouble with paperwork, i look at a form and just want to curl up and hide, i can't even use a phone without being forced to :unsure: , i can't be the only one who finds all of this sort of stuff a bit intimidating?

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
You're not the only one. It's no reflection on intelligence...I'm not sure what it's about but I am easily over-whelmed by forms. I think it is connected to anxiety and other mental health issues. I also avoid phone calls if possible. Which reminds me....I have a phonecall to make that I keep putting off. I think I am going to try and face it.

:flowers:

N

Nutter_09

hey Cal,

Im the same!! Mine is with benefit claim forms, bank stuff etc!! Its like I need someone who will help me through It all but no one really does.
They say that you get help if you have problems but I have not got anything as yet.
What I do is wait till I have a "good" day where I can concentrate a bit better and have time to sit and do it.
With phone calls etc I now start the call by explaining that I have depression and may need help bla bla! That helped with the benefits!

Good luck. I am always here if you need any help, just PM me.

Cal

Cal

Founding Member
i think your way of dealing with forms may be better than mine, i often end up leaving them till later (sometimes so long i forget about them :( ) i think when i'm having a day when things aren't so bad i tend to put off paperwork in favour of doing things i like and then the rest of the time (most of the time) i just can't face it. I think i might be able to get some help with things like that but i don't really like to admit to the fact that i can't do it myself. Thanks for the replies :)

M

maudikie

nd my son, My eldes son has now taken it over, bu tif you have m.. problems y ou ould get hrough the mental health team

M

maudikie

Paperwork.

hI think that it is partly the CivilServants who are trying to keep their jobs! Some years ago I had some forms which I filled in and returned next day. The exact forms were sent to me four times in all. I only filled in the first, then phoned the Department (can't remember which now) and told them. Perhaps part of it is the transfer of paperwork to discs. But it is terribly frustrating for everyone, and impossible for people with severe mental health problems. I am sure it has got worse over the years. But of course there is more because of the increase in population. Have you a friend or relative that could help you? If not I think I would suggest you go to the local office of the Department of Work & Pensions. Some are helpful and some are not. Or you could ask for help at the Citizens Advice bureau. They might put you in contact with someone who would help. I think it is doubtful if the Mental Health Team can help as they are so busy with their own work and understaffed.
I should take all the paperwork with you if you decide to go for help, such as Medical certificates,doctor's letters, and bank statements.
I wish you luck. You are not alone with your frustrations.:)