• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

why does alcohol bother me?

G

george1415

Hello all-

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have something that bothers me and has for some time now.

Growing up my parents never really drank, we never had alcohol in our house, actually i cant remember them ever drinking. As i got older i remember seeing like maybe a wine bottle or a few but that was rare. I really dont like the bar scene for many reasons but for some reason i get upset when someone i really care about drinks. When i say drinks i dont mean gets drunk, just has a few. If i'm not around them when they drink it bothers me more than when i am around them, but it does still bother me a little when i'm around them. They dont get really drunk and go crazy. I'm mainly talking about my brother, sister and wife. When i hear or think about them drinking i just get upset and i dont know why.

I want to get over this and figure out why it bothers me so much. Why doesnt it bother my brother and sister. Anyone have any thoughts on why it bothers me so much? How can i get over it? I've talked to my wife about it and she doesnt want to change. She doesnt drink that much. I dont really enjoy the taste of alcohol so much but i will drink maybe once a year and just have one or 2, just i guess because i dont really feel normal.

A

Apotheosis

It bothers me too. Alcohol is a drug - one of the worst ones.