• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why do you do it?

Jleighm

Jleighm

All my life I've heard my mother obsessive over her weight, seeing her do that made me very cautious of how I looked too.

I remember being as young as 5 wishing I was skinnier. I was always on the bigger side growing up and I hated it. Shortly after I graduated from high school my bulimia started.. I lost a lot in 5 months. I had all these guys from high school that didnt bother with me wanting to date me. I felt a tiny bit of confidence for once, but physically felt horrible from what I was doing to my body.

10 years later I'm still bulimic, i have had so much dental work done its insane from wrecking my teeth and suffer with stomach problems. And my reason for it isnt so much about loosing weight anymore. I find making myself puke to help get rid of anxiety and bad feelings. I'm basically addicted to making myself sick.

Sorry for the long story but I'm curious if others just make themselves sick to be thin, or for other reasons?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rogue7

Hi, I've been diagnosed with anorexia but I have engaged in b/p. For me it's not so much to be thin it's more about control. It eases my anxiety and therefore I feel more in control of myself and my life. I'm working towards recovery though. I'm weight restored, just got to work on the mind now.

R

Rogue7

Hi, I've been diagnosed with anorexia but I have engaged in b/p. For me it's not so much to be thin it's more about control. It eases my anxiety and therefore I feel more in control of myself and my life. I'm working towards recovery though. I'm weight restored, just got to work on the mind now.