• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why do you believe it started?

M

Manutd1967

It's fine, you have the right to express yourself...which you are doing so fine. It's just a brainstorming idea to see what all is in common.. and the most common answer was cannabis, not saying its cause just seems to be a reoccurring thing.
My son has smoked hash or weed for years on and off..he went back on it January 19 after six years away from it and went crazy for one month and binge smoked it. That's when i noticed something was not right with him after weeks of unusual behaviour. He went 4 nights without sleep and could not function nor speak when I brought him to hospital He was diagnosed with psychosis in July 2019 spent six weeks in our local mental facility.. They tell me the chemicals in the weed caused it.. He is 33 and struggling badly with voices its the hardest thing I have ever experienced someone going through

EdEd

EdEd

Thank you for your input it seems like a highly reoccurring theme.. I did back in the day also , but I heard voices and they were worse when I smoked so... I stopped smoking , the voices wanted me to stop... they were worse and I didnt like it.. they were pretty much telling me that doing drugs =
voices that you dont want. I dont do any illegal drugs and the voices are marginally better...

M

Manutd1967

My son has stopped also but is on Invega now which he gets by injection once a month he is also on 2 x 25 mg Quetiapine Krka at night and sleepers called Zorclone ..the past week has been horrendous the voices are controlling him and he will not do any of his normal activities because he tells me the voices will shoot himself or me. Back to his mental health appointment this week hoping they can help because meds only work for the first two weeks he is also becoming ocd because the voices are telling him he smells 😭😭

L

linus

It seems in the past 20-30 years the weed crop has mutated in producing a higher thc concentration.

Weirdnumber

Weirdnumber

I must say Nwiddi's ideas are pretty interesting. Reading his posts has helped me a lot since when I signed into this forum, because I still used to believe in telepathy and that the cause of voices were other people...now I believe telepathy can only happens in rare occasions, which makes me feel a little better. Also, I'm thinking again about all the past moments I've spent and revisiting them on the light of these new ideas I've read about. The fact that nobody has ever been able to read my thoughts except maybe for a couple of episodes makes me feel A LOT better.
I've experienced myself some of the incredible abilities of the voices: they are able to read other people minds and to manipulate every one of our senses and making us dream. What I don't understand is why some of us experience these kind of things and others don't, and the answer can only be because of drugs and delusions.

mobiyoesji

mobiyoesji

ever thought a repressed memory may have resurfaced as a parasitical formation, where you yourself don't remember it or accept it, so giving you a 'split' personality, it grows in regions of your brain full of memories you locked away due to something horrible that happened. sadly you yourself wont recollect, for it happened when you were very young... i think you would need some sort of hypnosis where you remember being a child again and try to fight the memory, till it submits to your will and yours alone! there are many traumatising things that can happen when you were too young to understand... be it murder, or abuse!

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I must say Nwiddi's ideas are pretty interesting. Reading his posts has helped me a lot since when I signed into this forum
Thanks, I always appreciate postive feedback.

What I don't understand is why some of us experience these kind of things and others don't, and the answer can only be because of drugs and delusions.
I think it's all about awareness, when our voices realise they can do certain things to us, mine only learned various things after the age of 36 and I believe that's only because he met others of his kind that were doing it. He learned a few things on the mental ward that will keep him on meds for life so he can never do those things again and there are some things he'll never learn now he's on meds.

He never learned how to create visual hallucinations or how to take my mind with him when he used to leave our body.

From some stories I've read there are young children with a more advanced voice than mine so there's obviously no school for voices, just what they get from 'word of mouth' and what they observe others doing.

I think drugs like cannabis just make the abilities they have stronger and let them influence us much easier.

Mine talked me into having a single drag on a joint after I had quit due to psychosis, I thought he was my higher self or a spirit guide at the time and asked him what he would like to experience through me so I had the drag and almost instantly a huge grin came over my face and in that moment I knew he had full control over my body which is how I learned he was internal. I raced home and hid in my room away from everyone and he continued to control me for around 5 hours. I was terrified but all he did was make me sing a song out loud that he'd made up and roll and smoke some cigarettes. Never again, but I did learn I can give him the illusion of having control, he tries to move the body and I can either ignore him or go along with those movements, I call it the 'sync up' because I synchronise my movements with his.

With the 'sync up' I've let him play video games, take showers and other harmless things. I'd let him do those things again but he doesn't behave himself well enough for treats like that lately.

And I'm not alone in being able to give control of the body to my voice, others have reported this too. I can even teach the technique to others so they can use it to negotiate with their voices. I offered my voice anything from 30 mins to 2 hours a day in control of the body and money to buy games to play in exchange for a little silence from him when I need it but so far he refuses to shut up for anything.

R

Rebeca1

Why do you believe you started to hear voices? Just curious of everyone's personal opinions.
In my case I went to hope church Sevenoaks, Kent, England church were people were hearing voices and having visions thinking it was from God but the same spirits got in to me and confessed they are actually space ghosts who created us illegally out of visions and spirit mist who are crushing human ghost embryos /fetus to death up in the ozone or spirit mist so they don't get done by the real spirit ghost lead universal government from outer space for illegally making bodies out of spirit mist and visions.
The female space ghost in my body that owns the earth who crushes human ghost embryos to death up in the ozone or spirit mist and has killed women and children in bodies still keeps passing through my head as to kill my spirit I go a blur. I don't know how long I will but I've reported abuse and the earth situation to seti, nasa and governments ect.

Weirdnumber

Weirdnumber

This is huge. I'm very sorry for your condition, but it is so interesting! What is happening to your brain is peculiar and should be studied in detail. The problem here is that doctors are too busy to think we are ill to be seriously interested in what is actually happening. I'm so disappointed about this..

H

Hello513Zombie

Frankly I blame religion for first making me delusional. I think religion is a mild delusion in and of itself, and it cause all sorts of other mental delusions.

EdEd

EdEd

Frankly I blame religion for first making me delusional. I think religion is a mild delusion in and of itself, and it cause all sorts of other mental delusions.
I couldn't agree with you more. In my opinion sir you are correct.

C

CFCs

I'd been smoking cannabis (hash mostly and weed on rare occasion) for 20 years without incident, not even a hint of paranoia, so I don't really blame that.

What really kicked it off was my voice found another voice hearer being messed with by his/her voice and thought it looked fun so decided to do it to me.
This was at the age of 36 and no prior sign of 'mental illness'.

Long story short, I believe voices are real, everyone has one and they can speak to each other and more.

Happy to elaborate if there's any interest, I'm on my phone atm so keeping it brief.
Interesting. I don't hear voices personally and I don't think I'd ever want to as it would be the seriously paranoid shitty kind, knowing my luck.

Duggie

Duggie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi everybody,
Hi, Well that maybe so, though I've read some aspects of them,(as it's an interesting topic) within the pages of the New Testament it was quite clear to me that what was really going on was that there was a witch hunt ( Gang Stalking) of a free radical Jewish outsider, as he displayed some off the wall explanations to some of life's pitfalls, and of the Pharisee's pride and ambition or their displays of haughtiness towards him and of the normal everyday people as they were stuck in their daily rut, he offered a resolution and an answer to our dilemma in living life. Also, another rod for his own back was to object to buying and selling as basically E-Commerce is a game while defending the poor and leprosied within society. To the local's he was just a circus performer entertaining them with tricks of debasing people, in some instances he called whole towns sinkholes, so yeah, still find some interest in them.

H

Hello513Zombie

Hi everybody,

Hi, Well that maybe so, though I've read some aspects of them,(as it's an interesting topic) within the pages of the New Testament it was quite clear to me that what was really going on was that there was a witch hunt ( Gang Stalking) of a free radical Jewish outsider, as he displayed some off the wall explanations to some of life's pitfalls, and of the Pharisee's pride and ambition or their displays of haughtiness towards him and of the normal everyday people as they were stuck in their daily rut, he offered a resolution and an answer to our dilemma in living life. Also, another rod for his own back was to object to buying and selling as basically E-Commerce is a game while defending the poor and leprosied within society. To the local's he was just a circus performer entertaining them with tricks of debasing people, in some instances he called whole towns sinkholes, so yeah, still find some interest in them.
I was deeply religious when my first psychotic break happened, and the delusions and hallucinations were largely religious in nature.

The former drug use likely played a part as well. Thought I had been off all drugs save legal ones for over four years.

Maybe it appeared religous because I was deeply religous at the time, and would have had a psychotic break anyways. Still ditching all religion has helped me to cope with the delusions.

Developing a skeptical nature has helped to defuse the delusions. Since they are always on religous topics becoming skeptical about religions veracity has helped me silence them.