• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why do you believe it started?

EdEd

EdEd

Why do you believe you started to hear voices? Just curious of everyone's personal opinions.

Weirdnumber

Weirdnumber

In my case it started because I abused some drugs including cannabis, because I used to believe in telepathy and because I think I'm genetically predisposed to hearing voices
Drugs+delusions=voices

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'd been smoking cannabis (hash mostly and weed on rare occasion) for 20 years without incident, not even a hint of paranoia, so I don't really blame that.

What really kicked it off was my voice found another voice hearer being messed with by his/her voice and thought it looked fun so decided to do it to me.
This was at the age of 36 and no prior sign of 'mental illness'.

Long story short, I believe voices are real, everyone has one and they can speak to each other and more.

Happy to elaborate if there's any interest, I'm on my phone atm so keeping it brief.

wollie

wollie

My voices found me after years of alcohol and pot abuse, the doctor thinks I have damaged my brain.

EdEd

EdEd

I'd been smoking cannabis (hash mostly and weed on rare occasion) for 20 years without incident, not even a hint of paranoia, so I don't really blame that.

What really kicked it off was my voice found another voice hearer being messed with by his/her voice and thought it looked fun so decided to do it to me.

Long story short, I believe voices are real, everyone has one and they can speak to each other and more.

Happy to elaborate if there's any interest, I'm on my phone atm so keeping it brief.
Elaborate, there's interest. I'm genuinely curious.

EdEd

EdEd

I'm trying to find the underlined purpose for this type of energy and its legitimate uses.. I have thought it was to be mean to me , cruel, harsh , and unsual... but even after expressing all these negative connotations it still persists.. so all these people who all have these symptoms and occurrences and it continues to happen... I'm trying to find some positive insight that could allow me to better comprehend its existence.. maybe there is a reason we are exposed to this type of energy and it may have to do with the initial hearing... is my theory.. I personally heard stuff prior to hearing my own thoughts how did it happen for you all?

EdEd

EdEd

I think after the initial hearing and we are pin pointed that its viewed as vital for us to be exposed to this type if energy to avoid mishaps in thoughts and locations. What I mean is if I werent accounted for and I was in a location to where someone else heard their thoughts and voices and they thought of something private I might accidentally hear it. (Because of being unaccounted for)

N

Notalwaysever

I think they have always been there I just didn’t realize I was the only one hearing. Frequently I think my voices can be heard by everyone, when I was in the hospital last month I complained about having been put in a very loud bedroom. Once I had been on meds for a few days it got quiet. My mom thinks that doctors put me on too many wrong medications for too long and that is what caused them. I really don’t know.

L

linus

Regarding drugs and especially cannabis: this has been already proven (statistically relevant) that the THC part of the “weed” makes changes to our brains and for some individuals starts psychosis/schizophrenia. What @NWiddi is doing is what is called “Normalization of deviation” (Normalization Of Deviation) which basically is the fact that you do something wrong for a while it becomes the new norm and you think it’s ok (it’s sort of a confirmation bias) and of course this works until it doesn’t work anymore like in the Challenger rocket case described in the link above.

L

linus

And just for further clarification an excerpt from the original theory: “ "Social normalization of deviance means that people within the organization become so much accustomed to a deviant behavior that they don't consider it as deviant, despite the fact that they far exceed their own rules for the elementary safety" [5]. People grow more accustomed to the deviant behavior the more it occurs [6] . To people outside of the organization, the activities seem deviant; however, people within the organization do not recognize the deviance because it is seen as a normal occurrence. In hindsight, people within the organization realize that their seemingly normal behavior was deviant.”

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Elaborate, there's interest. I'm genuinely curious.
OK, so where did I leave it? Yes, I believe voices are real. My core belief is that all humans and possibly other species share their bodies with another consciousness, two minds living in the one body, I call them 'head-mates' (although me and mine aren't mates at all), the 'hidden people' because there's one hiding within all of us, 'passengers' or the 'twin within' because it's like having a twin brother or sister living inside of you.

According to a book I've read our head-mates (or Daemon as the book calls them) occupy the right hemisphere of the brain and we (the Eidolon) occupy the left hemisphere.

Now it's not all bad being a passenger in the body because I believe they have some incredible abilities that more than make up for us being the driver of the body, mostly they get us to do the things they want us to do by giving us thoughts, ideas and impulses that we think are our own.

First of all I believe they can communicate with one another using brainwaves that we can't perceive without using technology and even with all the tech hooked up to your brain you'd have to know what frequency to look for and catch them in the act of speaking to each other.

Second, I believe they can read our brainwaves too, so mine could tell me what people are thinking, and when I was unaware of them I thought I was psychic at one point and did a test with a family member and I read her mind, I didn't hear her thoughts in my head but I had an impulse to say a certain shape and it turned out to be the shape she was thinking of, we did this four times in a row before it freaked her out a little.
And if you get two voice hearers together in the same room and mine told me what you're thinking and yours told you what I'm thinking then you have a form of telepathy with our passengers acting as the middlemen, which is something I witnessed while on a ward for acute mental disorders but that's an even longer story.

Next up is a rather fantastic ability that is harder to believe but I do have my reasons for doing so. I believe they can leave the body, now how can a physical entity leave the body? This is done by an incredible feat of quantum physics called 'quantum entanglement', essentially we have blank subatomic particles in the brain that can take on the characteristics of external subatomic particles if you pass a sufficient electrical charge through them. This allows our voices to have an out-of-body experience (aka astral projection or remote viewing), my voice proved this to me by remotely viewing a friend of mine and telling me what she would be wearing when I went to visit her later that day, this is also what I believe my voice was doing when he came across another voice hearer being tormented by their voice and after observing them for a time he thought it was a good idea to try it with me. I've also heard stories from others that give me the same impression.
The more advanced voices can even take our minds with them which explains the stories of out-of-body experiences by our kind.

There's even more that they can do but that's the very basics and a few of their abilities are so terrible I'll never speak of them in public.

So all that's left to know is my voice claims that medication takes away all of his abilities, no hearing his own kind or the thoughts of our kind and certainly no out-of-body experience any more, he's completely trapped within the body and isolated from his own kind which I think is because without Dopamine in the system his electrical signals don't reach the parts of the brain that allows them to do the things they do. My voice consistently begs me to come off medication but because of the terrible abilities I refuse to mention he'll never get what he wants so badly.

I could have gone into more detail and given more anecdotes of their abilities being used by people but I wanted to keep it as short as possible.

L

linus

There are too many people using ad-literam parts from the quantic theory and claim it is science because it’s quantic, right? Unbelievable how something you can’t even call it pseudo-science catches up on the vulnerable ones. I would rather accept spirits and such belief than twisting wording from quantum entanglment as to have anything to do with beings this way. In case somebody wonders why @NWiddi never replies to me, I think he blocked me for some reason long time ago.

fazza

fazza

There are too many people using ad-literam parts from the quantic theory and claim it is science because it’s quantic, right? Unbelievable how something you can’t even call it pseudo-science catches up on the vulnerable ones. I would rather accept spirits and such belief than twisting wording from quantum entanglment as to have anything to do with beings this way. In case somebody wonders why @NWiddi never replies to me, I think he blocked me for some reason long time ago.
I think we can read between the lines with nwiddi's post here and finally things make sense of what I have been suspecting for a long time.

To quote Nwiddi

Is this basically saying?
I have seen somebody affected by psychosis/voice hearing and now I can use these experiences of others as my own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your voice does not wander around the cosmos looking for others being messed up by psychosis. You, not your voice does this.

Thanks Nwiddi.

N

Notalwaysever

I have never actually known someone else that hears voices, or if I have we never spoke about it. For years I was hearing usually what I describe as people in the next room talking about me with the occasional loud outburst of someone trying to get my attention. Sometimes I recognize the voice sometimes I don’t. I have been very uncomfortable about in and only in the past few years told my doctors about it. When I talk to my mom about it she plays it off as me exaggerating something with a perfectly good explanation. I don’t feel like my experience fits in with others who have posted.

EdEd

EdEd

It's fine, you have the right to express yourself...which you are doing so fine. It's just a brainstorming idea to see what all is in common.. and the most common answer was cannabis, not saying its cause just seems to be a reoccurring thing.