• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

why do pyc doctors always look and feel your hands?

J

jekel1

every time i go he shakes my hand but he looks at it and always comments on the temp of my hands why do they look at your hands , is it a bad sign if there warm when its cold out side? i noiced someone else has this happen to them too

A

Apotheosis

I had a psych look at my hands too - maybe they practise palmistry; as well as astrology & tea leaf reading? I wouldn't put it past them.

M

mad as a hatter

mmm probabaly cause they can,t quite work out what,s goin on in our heads

R

rasselas

lol

i envy you! they damaged my hands with mellaril. when i have a flare up and hold my hands up to them they always look away.

look what you've done to me!

it could be worse. one of them once said.

i once had a very tactile key worker, back in the day. she'd hold me and occasionally hug me. i admit i quite liked that and then fell for her. i then set about working on finding a theory of everything, to impress her. i believed then she would fall for me too. i got to a point where i thought i was on the verge of a breakthrough. then i get news she'd packed in the job and returned to australia to work in a safari park.

i then realised i was a schmuck and started drinking heavily.

hugs are dangerous!