• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

why do people think schizophrenia population are crazy or monsters im scared shitless

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

im scared shitless to go outside because they will judge me for who i am a schizophrenic or hurt me, people around sound dangerous, i dont want to drive anymore or walk outside, im staying inside my mom house for a long time until im comfortable to go outside again it is reckless and dangerous out their for schizophrenic people, people don't understand schizophrenia or educated. it really sucks. when i go to grocerys i feel like there watching my every move.

M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Feelings of being watched sounds like a symptom of schizophrenia; I would tell your doctor about it. And why do you think strangers know that you're schizophrenic?

jajingna

jajingna

Among strangers, like when out shopping or something, nobody knows your condition, and you don't know theirs either. There's no reason to suspect you receive more attention than anybody else. (though I understand it can feel that way sometimes)

Kygoldy

Kygoldy

I always laugh alot to myself in front of anyone which then I think people knows there is something wrong with me it's just because I'm listening to my voices it's so embarrassing but hey ho you can't help it, does anyone else laugh to themselves or can't control it where ever you may be ?

M

Misssad1111

im scared shitless to go outside because they will judge me for who i am a schizophrenic or hurt me, people around sound dangerous, i dont want to drive anymore or walk outside, im staying inside my mom house for a long time until im comfortable to go outside again it is reckless and dangerous out their for schizophrenic people, people don't understand schizophrenia or educated. it really sucks. when i go to grocerys i feel like there watching my every move.
they don't know what we are hearing or seeing. for example, a voice can tell someone with schizophrenia "they're here to harm you, so attack them first" and some people with more severe schiz may listen and harm that person with a weapon. it just comes down to them not understanding what we are potentially seeing or hearing

jajingna

jajingna

Even the experts who research and study schizophrenia and other things are still trying to understand it better. So, you can't really expect ordinary people to know much about it.

1redpath

I hate when you think/know someone watching/following you has gone
And then you see them maybe 10 15 minutes later that totally freak me out .
I have literally smash a place up before for this or gotten of public transport and walk

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

BEASTMODEWARRIOR

Feelings of being watched sounds like a symptom of schizophrenia; I would tell your doctor about it. And why do you think strangers know that you're schizophrenic?
because it feels like they can read and control my mind and im the center of the america or something.