• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why do people sometimes self harm on their face?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:grouphug:
You are all such amazing strong people

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Please sleep sweetly tonight everyone
Take care of yourself
Be kind to yourself
:love:

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

@bpd2020 @midnightphoenix thank you both again for caring but trust I am careful with it too so I don't go too far with it :hug: and midnight, I'm so sorry you feel like you deserve to keep hurting...you are allowed to lift yourself up you know, like how you are always lifting everyone up on this site :hug:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i think its okay for me to say that ex would make threats of self harms and suicide attempts if i dared to disobey his wants, which messed me up and sent me into full on borderline personality disorder mode :(

midnight's ex is the boss :salut:

midnight stop now cause this not her thread :salut:

B

bpd2020

i think its okay for me to say that ex would make threats of self harms and suicide attempts if i dared to disobey his wants, which messed me up and sent me into full on borderline personality disorder mode :(

midnight's ex is the boss :salut:

midnight stop now cause this not her thread :salut:
I am sorry you feel bad for derailing the thread because I am the one who was encouraging you too. If you would like to carry this on in your journal then I am happy to. Your ex was an abusive scum bag. It is terrible he caused you to have bpd.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I am sorry you feel bad for derailing the thread because I am the one who was encouraging you too. If you would like to carry this on in your journal then I am happy to. Your ex was an abusive scum bag. It is terrible he caused you to have bpd.
all i will add is my father laid down the beginnings of my bpd i believe the few times i saw him

midnight out into journal now :salut:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Tawny is only allowed to be nice to herself as well :hug:
I don't think anybody minds that this thread got us all talking about something so important to us all. Let's hope a bit of healing went on tonight and people went to bed giving themselves an imaginary there there hug.

We can talk more in your journal, or mine, i don't mind ;) talk anywhere you want :)

I hope you aren't all stirred up emotionally, anyone. A little bit at a time. One day at a time.

Group hug (with masks and hand gel)
I mean face coverings
:doh:
(That was intentional)
:ROFLMAO:
Oh Matt (Health minister)
We love you really :loveshower:

Midnight's pets :cheekkiss: look after your meowmy tonight

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
This may be a dumb question but I don't know...it's just something I have been wondering about haha, why do people sometimes harm their face instead of somewhere discreet? I also wonder why so many people harm the wrists too, but even then those are easier to hide than the face. I wonder because so many people who self harm are embarrassed and ashamed, so I just wonder why they choose these easy to see places?

This is not meant to be judgemental I am just wondering as someone who also has experience with self harm 🙏

lyesander

lyesander

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Are you better now?
I am! I've done a lot of work since then, and I'm definitely in a much better place. Thank you for the concern, Tawny. You are a lovely person. :)