• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why do people sometimes self harm on their face?

B

bpd2020

The misdirected anger could be because they have been abused and hear the words of the people who abused them. Those words make them hate themselves when really the hate should be directed towards the abusive people. I am so relieved you did not harm your face. We have all done things we are not happy with but it does not mean we deserve to harm ourselves.

J

Jules5

When I think of self harm I think of hatred for myself. It is like I can not stand it anymore and I have to hurt my body. I have no idea when I am doing the mutilation to myself. I just go bongers. I even self harm when I am sleeping. Go figure that one out. I just know if anyone here self harms I understand. I have no idea how to fix it. Many famous people self harm. It is just a product of who we are and what we are feeling.

B

bpd2020

When I think of self harm I think of hatred for myself. It is like I can not stand it anymore and I have to hurt my body. I have no idea when I am doing the mutilation to myself. I just go bongers. I even self harm when I am sleeping. Go figure that one out. I just know if anyone here self harms I understand. I have no idea how to fix it. Many famous people self harm. It is just a product of who we are and what we are feeling.
I am so sorry you have to go through this. I do not know if therapy can change it but I am sure you will have tried that already.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I'm so sorry you struggle with it like this...I guess to fix it you have to train yourself to think you are allowed to fix it, you don't deserve to be hurting yourself because that doesn't fix anything either...i hope I don't sound like a hypocrite here..it's just that I don't do it for this reason but I have a friend who has struggled with it immensely this way, and it's really sad..to know that the person themselves has to want it for themselves to change :hug1:

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I feel sad you do it. I think it is sad no matter what the reason the person does it for.
Awe...thank you for the concern and trust me I understand this is most people's view of it, that it is sad no matter what, and I hope I never come across as disrespectful or hypocritical when talking about it, I don't want to seem like I am encouraging it :panic:

B

bpd2020

Do not worry, you do not look like you are encouraging it. I cannot help feel sad you do it though.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

The misdirected anger could be because they have been abused and hear the words of the people who abused them. Those words make them hate themselves when really the hate should be directed towards the abusive people. I am so relieved you did not harm your face. We have all done things we are not happy with but it does not mean we deserve to harm ourselves.
this is why i do self harms :(

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I am so sorry you feel you need to punish yourself. You are so sweet and gentle. You only deserve love and kindness.
i internalised the voices of childhood bullies and ex boyfriend and it became three, the nasyt voice who forces me into self harms etc :(

B

bpd2020

i internalised the voices of childhood bullies and ex boyfriend and it became three, the nasyt voice who forces me into self harms etc :(
You have been hurt so much. I know how much trauma bullying causes. Your ex boyfriend was a horrible turd and did not deserve you. It is so unfair he has left you with such scars.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

You have been hurt so much. I know how much trauma bullying causes. Your ex boyfriend was a horrible turd and did not deserve you. It is so unfair he has left you with such scars.
i remember the non-forum-friendly threats he kept making as well which has left me with guilt even though he was the one who decided to piss off :(

i stop derailing the thread now :redface:

B

bpd2020

i remember the non-forum-friendly threats he kept making as well which has left me with guilt even though he was the one who decided to piss off :(

i stop derailing the thread now :redface:
That must have been so frightening for you. I can totally understand how traumatised you must be. Would you ever consider therapy to talk about it?

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

That must have been so frightening for you. I can totally understand how traumatised you must be. Would you ever consider therapy to talk about it?
i had therapy but the counsellor cared more about his paycheque than anything else so i gave up :(

midnight naughty derailing thread now :hidesbehindsofa:

B

bpd2020

i had therapy but the counsellor cared more about his paycheque than anything else so i gave up :(

midnight naughty derailing thread now :hidesbehindsofa:
It is unfortunate you had a bad experience. I too have had bad therapists but I have also had some good ones. There are some very understanding therapists out there. It really is worth trying again because it could help you so much.