• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

why do people look at me in shock?

lucid scream

lucid scream

people have been looking at me lately like i just flew in from Mars. i dont know what im doing. dont certain meds make you grimace uncontrollably?
its kinda freakin me out. ive been having problems with my head lately anyway, and now i feel like the elephant man in public....

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I get that but put it down to paranoia... thinking everyone is staring at me and laughing or criticising me for something. Not nice.

M

mad as a hatter

yep i get that way as well thinking every 1 watching and staring at me think aliens r after me just a bit paranoia

N

nevaeh

I get the same thing except I know they definately people are cruel.

D

Dollit

Lucid sweetheart there's nothing wrong with you, really. I used to get really paranoid about people looking at me and my very kind ex used to feed my insecurity. People look at each other all the time but ask them to describe the last person they saw? They couldn't tell you. xx

lucid scream

lucid scream

thanks guys, i know what your saying. i definately get the 'theyre talking about me and laughing' paranoia. but im registering eyes widening jaws dropping open a bit and an embarrassed look away.
seriously-dont antipsychotics cause muscle twitches and stuff? and can you develop them after years of using them?

T

Twylight

thanks guys, i know what your saying. i definately get the 'theyre talking about me and laughing' paranoia. but im registering eyes widening jaws dropping open a bit and an embarrassed look away.
seriously-dont antipsychotics cause muscle twitches and stuff? and can you develop them after years of using them?
Yep, one of them is called: ' Restless leg syndrome ', I had it when i was on a Clopixol injection - it feels like an ache in the head and the legs - it makes you want to kick - horrid !

lucid scream

lucid scream

tired but well.
the 'looks' i was getting have passed. i dont know what was going on, but i guess its over. im glad, i was starting to believe them.
spent ALL day yesterday, from about 11am till midnite drywalling at my in laws because they have an inspection tomorrow by childrens services to take custody of my other inlaws kid. its a long story, but basically the people who have had custody of her for her first 2 years have been neglectful and abusive towards her, resulting in a 2 year old who wieghs 30lbs, barely speaks and may be partially deaf (she has had a perpetual ear infection and wont respond unless you yell LOUD). she wound up in the er about a week ago unresponsive after having a siezure, with a 104 fever and a large, fist shaped bruise in the center of her back.
stress does funny things to your head.

D

Dollit

Hope you're okay and that poor little thing. I'm just glad your two have the dad they have. xx