• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why do I love attention so much

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

Hey people! How's your day? I want to ask about this feeling I have. I myself don't have any ideas what cause me to feel like wanting more attention. As far as I know, some people hate attention seekers due to their behaviours. I don't think my behaviour really causes irritation to others as I don't do something weird just to attract others attention. At school, I always wish everyone keep talking about me or mentioning my name but I'm introvert to those I don't know well so no chance everyone in my class mentioned my name. I get full attention at home but I want some friends to recognize my existence. I feel so pathetic feeling like wanting an attention from friends or someone online. I just be honest here. Everytime I get a notification on some online forums including this one, my adrenaline pumps so hard that I need to go to a loo as I get so excited. This is annoying. I get dissapointed when the notification received is some users who are talking with other users on my topic. I feel like riding a pony on a magic rainbows when someone talks to me. Everytime brat tomato PM me, I feel so happy as he gives attention to me. I feel so pathetic. How can I remove this feeling as I hate it? Thank you!

Apravo

Apravo

Hey how you doing. I'm the opposite I hate attention

HelloGuys123

HelloGuys123

Kinda fine. Can you please give me some tips on how can I become like you? It must be cool to be released from the burden of attention seeking personality. Thank you.
And it looks like brat tomato knows how I feel. I'm busted indeed.

Apravo

Apravo

I don't think there's anything wrong in liking attention, but it's healthier to get the right kind of attention. For example acting friendly, charming towards people, Helping people out, looking to do favours for people ,
Listening to people. Being fun to be around. All these things will make people want to know you and talk about you in the right way. But don't feel guilty about liking attention x