• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why do i find it hard letting go of certain people even after a long time

C

Corrs77

Why do I find myself thinking about someone often eventhough weve stopped talking for a year ..

Maybe this person was bad for me from the experience. But I did enjoy times and conversations.

To me it sucks to not have the same energy with other people . I accept things change but nothings ever the same.

Maybe everyone has or had that edgy type person in their life that they won't forget

Summerof76

Summerof76

I'm exactly the same, Corrs. I find it really hard to let go of people. Even after nearly 25 years, I still look up my ex on Facebook. Him and a number of others I haven't seen for years.

I'm a contrast- I find it very hard to let go of people and yet can never seem to hold on to them.

P

Purpleplum

I used to be like that. Not anymore. You can get rid of people's hold on you if you start liking and accepting yourself.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Novastars Does anyone else find it hard to ask for help? Mental Health Experiences 27
Anime-Alchemy Find it hard to deal with certain peoples opinions Mental Health Experiences 10
Amelia2020 Anyone else find themselves crying at anything on Television? Mental Health Experiences 2
S Do you find this usual Mental Health Experiences 3
J Are you finding it harder to find a psychiatrist Mental Health Experiences 1
S Would you find this odd Mental Health Experiences 3
z270 How to find Therapists + Experiences Mental Health Experiences 4
W How do I find my interests and my identity? Mental Health Experiences 2
Z I need to find people who understand Mental Health Experiences 10
A Where to find help Mental Health Experiences 5
Carol1952 Where is my husband?I cannot find him Mental Health Experiences 5
Star_light Can't find anyone to talk to Mental Health Experiences 18
D Struggling to find the right care! Mental Health Experiences 2
H Isolation: so used to not doing anything that I can't find motivation to do anything Mental Health Experiences 8
E Unable to find more information on certain experiences of intense irrational fear Mental Health Experiences 1
B My friend feels depressed and can’t find the reason why Mental Health Experiences 6
Newstartformetoday To find yourself sometimes you have to loose yourself Mental Health Experiences 2
N Find it difficult talking to people personally Mental Health Experiences 2
Z I find Christmas very difficult Mental Health Experiences 18
G Internal peace, how can I find it? Mental Health Experiences 3
H how do you find hope? Mental Health Experiences 2
B Cant seem to find happiness while broke Mental Health Experiences 5
S Anyone find that cardio helps a lot with anxiety? Mental Health Experiences 13
M Really need to find a vent. So lost and detatched. Mental Health Experiences 3
B Can't find job... inferiority complex is creeping in Mental Health Experiences 4
N Help to find a way out Mental Health Experiences 6
L I want to find out how to fix this. Mental Health Experiences 2
G Will I ever find love?! Mental Health Experiences 4
S I can't find a way out of this conflict with my parents.. Mental Health Experiences 7
P The story of Ashley and Odai My struggle to find myself on the other side of Fear Mental Health Experiences 3
H Could not find the therapy place in Leeds Mental Health Experiences 9
FreeMyMind Find me the strength to overcome loneliness Mental Health Experiences 4
A good girl addict struggling to find the way Mental Health Experiences 10
R I find it impossible to wake up in the morning! Mental Health Experiences 2
R Difficult at times. Find I am pretty hopeless at small talk Mental Health Experiences 12
NicoretteGummed Do you find that your Penis is affected by your Medication?? Mental Health Experiences 24
NicoretteGummed Do Anybody Come On Here Mainly To Find A Partner Or Get Laid?? Mental Health Experiences 21
L How hard is to get a referral [UK] to community mental health teams or a psychiatrist? Mental Health Experiences 7
I I’m trying to let go, but it’s hard Mental Health Experiences 10
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
Bluejay7500 I’m really hard at taking Mental Health Experiences 15
elliepaige20 Having a really hard time - Heartbroken & devastated Mental Health Experiences 16
W Mental health care, Hard pill to swallow Mental Health Experiences 7
R Why is it so hard to talk to people about mental health? Mental Health Experiences 12
J i have family members on "hard" drugs should i be concerned? Mental Health Experiences 7
M Hard to talk to father about the past.. Mental Health Experiences 5
M The irony of studying hard Mental Health Experiences 13
R Hard to fight temptation Mental Health Experiences 5
C Very confusing letter and hard to understand Mental Health Experiences 4
K Depression hitting hard again.. violent ex Mental Health Experiences 1