Why do I feel like theres security cameras everywhere around me?

W

WorriedKitten

I dont know if this sounds irrational. Every time I'm over at a friends place, I feel like there's cameras watching me everywhere or that their landlord placed something there? I keep thinking about fuckups I did while my friends were out of their room and why is this giving me so much anxiety? Even when it's been over a year in some cases. I'm afraid literally all the time that eventually everyone will turn their back on me. This is so irritating that I cant even relax for one second of my life.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I had thoughts like these during my first episode of psychosis, I thought the all the fire alarms were all bugged with sound and video.

Don't worry, this isn't the case and they're just intrusive thoughts.

Are you on any kind of medication? I'm on Aripiprazole for psychosis and Sertraline for anxiety.

W

WorriedKitten

I had thoughts like these during my first episode of psychosis, I thought the all the fire alarms were all bugged with sound and video.

Don't worry, this isn't the case and they're just intrusive thoughts.

Are you on any kind of medication? I'm on Aripiprazole for psychosis and Sertraline for anxiety.

Thank you. The thought still bothers me daily.

I got prescribed risperdal, but I haven't taken it properly cause of the side effects.

F

Forgetmenot

I also believed there were hidden cameras watching me along with believing I was being recorded by neighbours..it went on for 18months- then I entered full psychosis..but recovered within a very short time. You need to talk to mental health/GP and ensure your meds are helping rather than encouraging paranoia

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
even if theres cctv cameras, they need someone to watch them, and the people are probably too busy watching some innocent black guy they've profiled to watch me

Tortured.Chaos

Tortured.Chaos

I actually have this paranoia as well. It's not at friends places tho I feel camera's are hidden in my bathroom. I can't explain how I know there is one in there but I do. I've tore the bathroom apart several times and finally my gf had to stop me when I started putting holes in the wall. I've spoken to my therapist about it and he explained that because I'm worried people may see my mental health issues I've become paranoid someone will find out.. that helps me sometimes I tell myself there's nothing in here Its just my mind playing tricks on me.
Sometimes it helps mostly I can't relax until I do a thorough search of the bathroom.
Think back did you do something like talk to yourself or hurt yourself wherever you're feeling these feelings?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i, applied for a proper meter not a prepaid one from british gas, they did a credit check and refused me, in america been political the wrong way can effect your credit, and i've been on protests and spoken on the internet, paranoia, i know when i moved to brent i was credit worthy bt did a credit check to connect the telephone, i don't know whats changed, the dwp keep on questioning my savings so whats the problem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Psychosis Forum 16
Not_Crazy_Yet Psychosis Forum 4