• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Why do I bother to go on?

GaryC123

GaryC123

So what's been happening to make you feel you cannot go on? Now I don't feel like that. I am scared I have cancer and it all may be over way too soon. I'm a grand mum to 5, mum to 5. I am exhausted and have been feeling physically weak. All I want at this point is to get better and carry on. Not suggesting you should too. Many times I have felt so low and struggled with it, yet here I am saying No. I've not finished yet. I hope you can turn this around. If I felt really low I would be advising a Doctor. And just taking it 24 hours at a time trying to look after self very gently.
I'm sorry to hear you have cancer. You deserve to live. I wish I could take your cancer in your place because I have nothing to live for. If you have grandchildren and everything, then you should be healthy not me. All I do is consume scarce resources and convert them into waste products. There is no reason for me to be here.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Hi Your life is important you matter.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Hi Your life is important you matter.
I appreciate the sentiment but I'm at the end of my usefulness. I'm more a burden on the world than anything else. It's the truth. Basically, I'm just waiting for death and that's about the only thing I have to look forward to. No kids, no family other than my parents who are in their 80s. Only child.

C

Clairs

Gary I’m feeling the same. I can not see how I get myself out of my current situation and therefore want to give up

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I appreciate the sentiment but I'm at the end of my usefulness. I'm more a burden on the world than anything else. It's the truth. Basically, I'm just waiting for death and that's about the only thing I have to look forward to. No kids, no family other than my parents who are in their 80s. Only child.
I have no husband or children, my parents are deceased. Your blessed to have your parents. Don't believe what your mind is telling you, you are not a burden.

GaryC123

GaryC123

I have no husband or children, my parents are deceased. Your blessed to have your parents. Don't believe what your mind is telling you, you are not a burden.
Yes. I am very blessed to have my parents. But once they are gone I won't even have them, nor probably a home for that matter. I'm sorry to hear you are in a similar situation. I hope you find meaning in life where I have not.

C

celticlass

I'm sorry to hear you have cancer. You deserve to live. I wish I could take your cancer in your place because I have nothing to live for. If you have grandchildren and everything, then you should be healthy not me. All I do is consume scarce resources and convert them into waste products. There is no reason for me to be here.
I do not know, as yet, what is the matter. Cancer is obviously a possibility.

C

celticlass

What interests do you have? I mean do you, or could you, join in something that would give you a friendship? As a recovered Alcoholic I have met the people I rely on as my best friends at AA meetings. The one good thing to come out of those years. I also attend Spiritualist Church services which in the main take place on a Saturday night in my area. Again a group of familiar faces, some lovely messages being delivered and tea and biscuits at end of it. Also in my area it is possible to be put forward for voluntary placements. A GP can refer. My other interests would be art and the possibility of doing any kind of craft. Or perhaps you could pick a subject to study on a part time basis. I enrolled on a Creative writing class, but with lockdown I have to say I have not made much progress.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Hi Gary.
What has brought this feeling on for you today in particular?

Wishbone

Wishbone

Well you took the time to post, I assume that means you wanted at least a little bit of input from others otherwise you wouldn't have done so, so why don't you try it on us? There are a lot of people that have been through a lot of different things, maybe at least one of them could help. Worth a shot.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Yes. I am very blessed to have my parents. But once they are gone I won't even have them, nor probably a home for that matter. I'm sorry to hear you are in a similar situation. I hope you find meaning in life where I have not.
Hello Gary, Happy Easter. I thought the same as you, I was terrified of what would happen to me when my parents died. I was never on the street, hungry or forsaken. I lived with my sister then finally got an apartment with help from a social worker. Things have a way of working out, I hope your having a better day today.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Well you took the time to post, I assume that means you wanted at least a little bit of input from others otherwise you wouldn't have done so, so why don't you try it on us? There are a lot of people that have been through a lot of different things, maybe at least one of them could help. Worth a shot.
No one can just "fix" depression. No one can "fix" 53 years of loneliness and isolation. I came here to share feelings that I assumed others could relate to. No one can "fix" my problems, not even me. I'm tired of "fixers". They annoy the shit out of me. If you don't feel the way I do about life or know what I'm talking about, then that's fine. But I'm not going to vomit out my whole life story. I don't think it helps in any way and I really don't feel like doing it at this point.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Fuck this world. Fuck medicine. Fuck doctors. Fuck "heroes." Fuck God. If only the "saints" knew how absolutely useless they are and will always be.

J

JeanPierre

Listen,
Your parents would be devastated. You cannot do this to them.
At least wait until they pass.
I'm old. Maybe I would understand.