• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Why do I bother to go on?

GaryC123

GaryC123

Because I'm afraid to die. That's the only reason.

HLon99

HLon99

Because the dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive. And why ruin that?

GaryC123

GaryC123

The dead don't know anything. They just aren't. That's it. And that's probably better than living for some of us if one can just get past the exorbitant exit fee.

Z

Zoe1

maybe you feel somewhere inside
that there is something yet to discover

GaryC123

GaryC123

maybe you feel somewhere inside
that there is something yet to discover
There's plenty left to discover but all the discovering is for the beautiful people in the world. Us losers don't get those things. So I'm done. Fuck it. Fuck the world.

HLon99

HLon99

There's plenty left to discover but all the discovering is for the beautiful people in the world. Us losers don't get those things. So I'm done. Fuck it. Fuck the world.
This is extremely childish. Dividing the world into ‘us’ and them; ‘beautiful people’ and ‘losers’. This is a largely subjective measure with no objective standard to measure it against. And even if there was, I doubt you would get to decided what that was.

Historically, many great achievers have struggled with many demons including mental illness. But it’s how they chose to overcome their problems that defined them, not the problem itself. Bipolar disorder is by no means a death sentence. Winston Churchill, Demi Lovato, Van Gogh, Kanye West are just 4 I can think off the top of my head. Closer to home; a friend of my mother’s has had it since college and now has a high powered job in the city and 2 kids. I myself, although an I’m just beginning the process of rebuilding my life post recovery have managed to secure a place at one of the top 10 universities in the country. I am confident that with the right treatment, hard work, dedication, and a little help from friends, family I too will manage to rebuild that which I have lost and perhaps gain a valuable lesson from it all. The rest I leave in the hands of fate/God.

There is no reason why you, cannot follow suit. Yes you will have to adjust your goals and expectations against practically specificities, but fundamentally you too can live a fullfilling and meaningful life. We were born on this earth, there is no cure for that; you just gotta make the most of what you’ve got. And life is like a bottle of champagne; once you pop the cork there is no way of getting it back in again, you have to finish what you started. And the bubbles rise to the top. They fizzle our eventually, but you don’t get to decided when that happens.

GaryC123

GaryC123

This is extremely childish. Dividing the world into ‘us’ and them; ‘beautiful people’ and ‘losers’. This is a largely subjective measure with no objective standard to measure it against. And even if there was, I doubt you would get to decided what that was.

Historically, many great achievers have struggled with many demons including mental illness. But it’s how they chose to overcome their problems that defined them, not the problem itself. Bipolar disorder is by no means a death sentence. Winston Churchill, Demi Lovato, Van Gogh, Kanye West are just 4 I can think off the top of my head. Closer to home; a friend of my mother’s has had it since college and now has a high powered job in the city and 2 kids. I myself, although an I’m just beginning the process of rebuilding my life post recovery have managed to secure a place at one of the top 10 universities in the country. I am confident that with the right treatment, hard work, dedication, and a little help from friends, family I too will manage to rebuild that which I have lost and perhaps gain a valuable lesson from it all. The rest I leave in the hands of fate/God.

There is no reason why you, cannot follow suit. Yes you will have to adjust your goals and expectations against practically specificities, but fundamentally you too can live a fullfilling and meaningful life. We were born on this earth, there is no cure for that; you just gotta make the most of what you’ve got. And life is like a bottle of champagne; once you pop the cork there is no way of getting it back in again, you have to finish what you started. And the bubbles rise to the top. They fizzle our eventually, but you don’t get to decided when that happens.
Sorry, I deal with reality not with the lies counselor$ and p$ychiatrists spoon feed us. Or maybe they're not lies for you. Must be nice.

HLon99

HLon99

Sorry, I deal with reality not with the lies counselor$ and p$ychiatrists spoon feed us. Or maybe they're not lies for you. Must be nice.
And what reality would that be? Where everything is shit and nobody should bother with anything. You are not unique; you are not the first person to get this illness and you will certainly not be the last. Better men than me or you have tried and succeeded to overcome this obstacle and live fulfilling lives. I’ve decided to take a page out of their book; I suggest you do the same.

GaryC123

GaryC123

Fuck the world.

GaryC123

GaryC123

When you curse the world/God/fate your really cursing at yourself.
Why are you still in my threads? You're neither needed nor wanted here. Bye.

HLon99

HLon99

Why are you still in my threads? You're neither needed nor wanted here. Bye.
You posted this in the public section of this forum, therefore I am entitled to reply to it. I have tried to be understanding towards your position and offer whatever advice that I can. It would seem that my efforts were in vain and as such I will not be wasting anymore of my time on you. But I will say one thing; you have some issues mate and you need to sort them out.

C

celticlass

So what's been happening to make you feel you cannot go on? Now I don't feel like that. I am scared I have cancer and it all may be over way too soon. I'm a grand mum to 5, mum to 5. I am exhausted and have been feeling physically weak. All I want at this point is to get better and carry on. Not suggesting you should too. Many times I have felt so low and struggled with it, yet here I am saying No. I've not finished yet. I hope you can turn this around. If I felt really low I would be advising a Doctor. And just taking it 24 hours at a time trying to look after self very gently.