• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Why continue struggling

E

Empty_void

Why does life push us forwards? Is it built in or do you either have it or you don't? I have the instinct to survive physically. But my mind gives me no meaning no purpose. Everything dies so why do anything? Everything will end so why create? The while universe will end and everything forgotten so why? How do people continue its madness! Life makes no sense and the whole thing is insane! We're all pretending

E

Empty_void

Should I let go of me and become nothing? Is that how people deal with day to day? They drift through life unaware of themselves? Is personality even needed? Wouldn't the world work better if we were more robotic? Can't you lose yourself. Isn't it easier?

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

In a universe that is essentially brute and uncaring while living without external purpose it is of vital importance to designate meaning for yourself. I try to see life as a precious resource. Death will come soon enough. Keep on fighting, keep on wondering, keep on loving. Shine bright before going into that dark night. Be loud between those two silences. Not because you will be remembered but because you will be experienced by a myriad of equally lost wanderers heading for the same destination.

P

PerpetuallyStuck

I continue in the hope things will get better. It feels like the odds of winning the lottery though. People say " you have to put yourself out there" and "things happen when you least expect it". When I've been out, and not expected attention, and received attention, there is a LOT of work that has to go with it. It's like a puzzle combination that has to be solved in a certain way, and I don't have the skills to make it happen. It always seems to be someone else getting success, and always me that gets avoided.

I can relate to surviving, feeling like being in cruise control. It feels like nothing will ever improve, but I want things so much, I guess I don't feel like giving up. Instead of nothing to lose, it is more like too much to look forward to.

S

sallimae76

I can relate to you. I was once young, innocent and optimistic. I have had some bad things happen to me, and I still have not recovered. The world feels cold, and uncaring. I need love, yet at the same time, I am too guarded to get it. Also, I just don't want to be hurt again. Also, I am sad because I have a good education and I've worked hard, but I have nothing to show for it, no house, no luxury car, just mounds of debt. I really want to give up most days.

P

Purpleplum

I know how you feel. When you feel like that though, try going to the park and look at the trees, flowers, rabbits, squirrels, bees and feel the sun on your skin. Look at how beautiful they are and how it was made just for you.

OCDguy

OCDguy

What is your gut saying that you should be doing? :hug:

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Why does life push us forwards? Is it built in or do you either have it or you don't? I have the instinct to survive physically. But my mind gives me no meaning no purpose. Everything dies so why do anything? Everything will end so why create? The while universe will end and everything forgotten so why? How do people continue its madness! Life makes no sense and the whole thing is insane! We're all pretending
You just need a little faith that's all. You have it inside you. Let it grow. :)

K

karl7

in a sense i agree and i think its probably best for nature that humans dont reproduce.....im of that mindset anyway

E

Empty_void

What is your gut saying that you should be doing? :hug:
My gut is empty it's all empty. Dark. Nothing holds my attention for long it always comes back with the why.

E

Empty_void

in a sense i agree and i think its probably best for nature that humans dont reproduce.....im of that mindset anyway
Wow you agree? What hha
Hmm I'm glad I've found somebody who agrees. What has your life experience been like to make you think this way?

E

Empty_void

Ps ignore previous msg my keyboard is glitchy

E

Empty_void

In a universe that is essentially brute and uncaring while living without external purpose it is of vital importance to designate meaning for yourself. I try to see life as a precious resource. Death will come soon enough. Keep on fighting, keep on wondering, keep on loving. Shine bright before going into that dark night. Be loud between those two silences. Not because you will be remembered but because you will be experienced by a myriad of equally lost wanderers heading for the same destination.
Be loud between those two silences. I think my new favourite quote. Although my mind likes to play around with the idea of 'being loud' some darker thoughts there :)

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

If we are reincarnated I sure as hell hope I dont come back as a human . Too many nasty humans for my liking

OCDguy

OCDguy

My gut is empty it's all empty. Dark. Nothing holds my attention for long it always comes back with the why.
Speaking of the why, have you asked yourself why nothing holds your attention :hug: