• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why can't i talk about my problems?

C

chuckieegg

I dont know if this is the right forum to post in so sorry if ive got the wrong one.

Whats wrong with me whenever theres something wrong in my life i choose to ignore the problem and not talk about it like normal people do.
Everything that goes wrong i choose to bottle up and try and forget about it.
I feel now that because ive done this im suffering for it. Heres what my problems are:-

When i was 16 my parents split up, it was a huge shock because i know it sounds horible but it was like my dad had died because one day he was there part of my life and the next he had gone. I couldn't accept he had just walked out of my life, i couldn't face my friends because i couldn't admit telling them the truth and when i started college i told everyone my parents lived together. I've moved away now and noone ever asks me about my dad if they did i just dont know what i would say because i just find it difficult to talk about.

My brother keeps in touch with my dad which makes it hard for me, my brother has a good job and i know my dad is proud of him ive not got such a great job and i know im a disappointment to him.

I've been given a promotion in work and i know i should be proud of myself but instead i feel my past is coming back to haunt me. I keep thinking how can i be good at something when im such a huge disappointment to my dad someone who should be proud of me and be there to support me.

I dont feel im good enough for the promotion i dont feel i can cope with the stress the job brings, i feel i've had too much stress in my life already. I've coped with my mum having cancer when i was 18 and nursing her through that, now looking back i dont know how i coped because now i would be useless if that happened.

I just wish i could talk to someone but i just freeze up.

Why do i feel like this?

jackshepard

jackshepard

Hi and welcome.
Don't worry, I felt the same for the past year. I've been dealing with the fact that my mom's madness is real and the fact that I always been lonely in my "lovelife". It made my 4 years long depression worsen and for the 1st time in my ife I began to skip classes at college. I have really good friends in my class and out of the college, but I can't bring myself to tell them how I feel. However, on some occasions, I'll lose it and tell them how my mom is crazy, nearly insulting her, sometimes crying in class. On tuesday, I finally told a friend I fell in love with a common friend of ours, but that she doesn't have the same feelings for me, which broke me down so many times.
I believe I don't want to depress them, so I keep all of that for myself 'til I feel suicidal and feel the need to post here.

Hang on, and don't hesitate to post here. It's really comfoting.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Please someone talk to me.... Depression Forum 5
O TALK ABOUT IT lyrics Depression Forum 1
Hardknocks88 Chad America envy (low self-esteem heart to heart talk). Depression Forum 4
K Don’t want to talk to my friend Depression Forum 2
Fairy Lucretia i don't want to talk to the doctor on tuesday x Depression Forum 5
JogoLagomorpha It’s hard to talk anymore Depression Forum 7
Catty5 Alone....need someone to talk. Depression Forum 18
F Prayer/Talk Depression Forum 4
A Wish i had someone to talk to Depression Forum 10
W I need to unload and don't know how to talk about stuff so this is my shout in to the void Depression Forum 3
H Ok, lets talk about this. Depression Forum 14
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
M Someone would like to talk by call sometime ? Depression Forum 3
B Struggling and need to talk Depression Forum 2
A Need Someone to Talk To.... Depression Forum 6
lost555 It's hard to talk about this. Depression Forum 2
kimidare How to talk about depressed feelings ? Depression Forum 5
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
A Noone to talk to Depression Forum 4
A i can’t find anyone who i can talk to or relate to Depression Forum 5
H Alone with no one to talk to Depression Forum 13
wollie Any one what to talk with me Depression Forum 17
A Anyone want to talk? Depression Forum 6
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
L I wanted to talk to her Depression Forum 8
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
M Not having anyone to talk Depression Forum 34
B If anyone can just talk for a minute Depression Forum 10
P Im depressed just want to talk Depression Forum 6
M How much have you spent without having anyone to talk ? Depression Forum 7
G Can anyone help i just need someone to talk to Depression Forum 6
BrytOne Anyone want to talk? Depression Forum 16
J Talk of selfless love Depression Forum 2
S Is it true that I cannot talk to my friends? Depression Forum 1
H i just need someone to talk to. i don't want to live anymore Depression Forum 29
G Just need someone to talk to Depression Forum 9
G If you want to talk, you can message me Depression Forum 2
iMissy I Cry When I Can’t Talk To My Boyfriend. Depression Forum 8
JustAnotherHuman I talk too much Depression Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia i have something grown up i need to talk about x Depression Forum 5
M Any here without any other to talk to ? Depression Forum 8
wolram Should I talk to my doctor or pd Depression Forum 3
pinscher chi Feeling alone, looking to talk, make friends Depression Forum 20
M Looking for people to talk Depression Forum 10
Q Sometimes it's easier to talk to other depressives Depression Forum 4
M Not having any other to talk Depression Forum 2
L I really need to talk to someone Depression Forum 2
M Need someone to talk to (partners sucide attempt ) Depression Forum 2
L Need someone to talk to Depression Forum 3
Roo1983 Need someone to talk to...feel so down! Depression Forum 4