• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

why can't I cry?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So the only time I cry is when my animals die. I feel like I need to just cry my eyes out but I never can. I wish i could as i might at least feel some sort of release. Anyone else suffer like this?

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes I do, can;t cry - I think its my anti psychotics

Sorry you are suffering
xxx

S

stella

I cant cry too, well I cry but when I'm alone and normally without a reason, I'm unable to cry in public and to cry about things I'm supposed to. I don't take any meds btw so idk why I do this

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know precisely what you mean.:hug1:
The only time I cry is when something touching or exciting happens. Happy tears seem to come on fine.
It's very odd.

A

Alienated

I can only cry rarely, I have been though too much to reach that point anymore I guess. I do when I see my doctor, I can't stop. I guess that's shame and fear.. But that the only time I really open up.

rubyrose

rubyrose

Crying is actually pretty easy for me to do. I cry all the time. Just cried yesterday, in fact. Sorry you feel unable to let out emotions that way. You can let them out in other ways, though; talking to people about experiences, writing about how you feel and what you're going through, expressing feelings through artistic works, etc. I hope you find release and relief. :hug1:

Last edited:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I go between bouts of not being able to cry and doing nothing but crying.

I know what you mean about crying when animals die. I'm the same, I also cry when I read about cruelty to animals.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I didnt cry for years. Now I got the opposite problem. Cry for hours sometimes at home byself but now its even happening in public too. I hate it

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I only ever remember crying once as a child, that was when I realised my own morality. Through my early adulthood I never cried at all that I can remember; but over the past five years I've turned into a right wimp and cry loads, mostly on my own when no one is about. :cry:

A

Amyla

I find it very difficult to cry & have found that peeling onions sometimes helps to get me going. x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Since I posted in this thread, I had a good sob at a novel i've been reading.
I totally knew what was coming (a old lady character's death) but it really upset me 'cause it got me thinking about my Gran who's in a home and is in the late stages of dementia.

So yes, if you want to cry, try seeking out some sad books/films/music!

V

voyager

Since I posted in this thread, I had a good sob at a novel i've been reading.
I totally knew what was coming (a old lady character's death) but it really upset me 'cause it got me thinking about my Gran who's in a home and is in the late stages of dementia.

So yes, if you want to cry, try seeking out some sad books/films/music!
You big softy pot!! :hug1:

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Unfortunately my anger uutlet is an undesirable one so I need yo get it fixed for their sake and mine :( I know I'm so full of emotion but all I can express is rage and I know it upsets my son :( he's only 6 so I dont like him too see me this way. I finally made the call but it was just to make a telephone appointment but they're ringing back this arvo. I just need to book my Dr appointment next but I am lacking enthusiasm to go back as the mirt doesn't seem to be helping much :( ahhh