• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

why can't I be normal

J

jiebee

Hi everyone!

I'm exhausted. After a long period of anorexia I started overeating since my body is craving soooo much food even if I'm not hungry. I hate myself after eating way too much but in that particular moment I just can't stop. Im so afraid of gaining weight after my binge attaks and I could really hurt myself when imagining being fat again. All I wanna be is someone and I'm only someone when im thin. Actually I have never really been thin but thinner than I used to be.

Im afraid food will always be the thing I think about most my whole life.
I wish I had the discipline to just start refusing food again but it's so hard I just can't even though I did it for such a long time. I hate myself so much for this thought and I know that the effects of all that can be devastating.
I'll simply never be normal. But I wanna be soooo bad. Achieving balance in nutrition and my whole life again would be so great. Is there anybody out there having a similar concern who might want to share some thoughts/possible solutions/hope?

btw: apologies for my limited English skills...

Z

Zoe1

hi jiebee :welcome:

please don't hate yourself that isn't going to help
being normal is not about being thin
its about being balanced

im also struggling with this
but I know that hating isn't going to help

:grouphug:🕯

2Much2Feel

Hey, jiebee, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're struggling right now (btw, your English is fantastic). I hope someone can help w advice here, as I don't have eating issues but we do feel your pain and the feeling of wanting to be "normal"--a lot of us wish that. Have you looked into DBT therapy at all for this? I would think it could be helpful in breaking down the chain of events/thoughts that lead up to your binging as well as body image. Anyway, welcome, and I'm sure there are a lot of people on here (and off) who can relate.