• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

why aren't I happy

I

iamfunky

I have everything anyone would want (even my care coordinator said so) and im stuck in a post natal, bipolar rut, feeling sad all the time, not seeing any glimmers of happiness any more.

P

PolarOpposite84

I'm confident in giving you this advice because I've been there before. what you are experiencing is called postpartum depression. I wish 12 years ago I got the help I needed and I wouldn't be where I am today cuz it still affects me to this day. however, if you are bipolar, antidepressants sometimes have a devastating effect by causing severe mania. Zoloft for me was the worst I was up for 5 nights in a row seeing things that weren't there and laughing uncontrollably and I had so much energy I couldn't stop moving. I recently started taking. Latuda and it has completely turned my life around and it worked in days (most medicine takes weeks or months to work). postpartum depression is very very common I'm surprised nobody has said this in this thread. 12 years ago I remember feeling so lost, I had a baby I had no idea how to take care of. I was afraid to take care of the baby because I was afraid I was going to kill him I really thought I was that incapable. I cried all the time. it was the depression like nothing I've ever experienced, get to a doctor immediately and you will get the help you need

dubblemonkey

dubblemonkey

...hallo...!

are you sure you have everything everyone would want?

this becomes a question that I bet you do not want to answer.

...I am very impressed that you have the courage to make the decision that you are making...

you want more right!?....I will wait for your response