• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why are we forced against our will to live crappy lives?

dustin001

dustin001

Out of respect for the forum's rules, I won't state if I'm pro suicide or not. Instead I wanna address and understand why we have this barbaric mental health system that treats us like prisoners.

For example, say I'm homeless with no money, no support system, how in the bluest of blue fucks is locking me up like a criminal and giving me pills suppose to make me wanna live?

The government should have no right to dictate what with do with our bodies as long as we aren't hurting anyone else.

I'm curious though if anyone knows the history of involuntary commitment and how it became law.

O

Orangeade

I see you’re from America. I think the whole system there is fucked. I believe the value profit over lives

dustin001

dustin001

I see you’re from America. I think the whole system there is fucked. I believe the value profit over lives
Yeah I think it's a profit thing to, they can't make money of us if we're dead.

This entire country is so corrupt beyond repair. Be thankful you don't live in america.

O

Orangeade

I see you’re from America. I think the whole system there is fucked. I believ
Yeah I think it's a profit thing to, they can't make money of us if we're dead.

This entire country is so corrupt beyond repair. Be thankful you don't live in america.

They have money for all the wars, but not enough to help their own people. I from England and honestly Boris is a dickhead

losingme1989

losingme1989

I feel like that sometimes & I'm not even in the mental health system now, sounds crazy....

I have been in hospital before.... fair to say I don't want to repeat the experience... ever. 🤔

dustin001

dustin001

They have money for all the wars, but not enough to help their own people. I from England and honestly Boris is a dickhead
Oh yeah anything with the military they have all kinds of money for, but when it comes to actually helping people? Nah fuck that we can't afford it.

O

Orangeade

Just say you will go to war for them, but only if they give you professional help Haha

dustin001

dustin001

Just say you will go to war for them, but only if they give you professional help Haha
What's sad is that would probably work lol, this country is obsessed with guns and war it's pathetic. Again, be super glad that your not a american.

O

Orangeade

Well im sorry my people came and started the country. Its like i think my country is shit kind of, but if anyone ever said it i would be annoyed haha

M

Mrt23

Very true. I'm from England. But live in America but America isnt any better .

O

Orangeade

Very true. I'm from England. But live in America but America isnt any better .
I think the whole world needs a lesson on being kind! They seem to have lost sight of it these days x

Contramike

Contramike

This actually is a thing. If you enlist in the military they will give you meds and therapy along with the training you need for service. It's ridiculous.

Contramike

Contramike

Out of respect for the forum's rules, I won't state if I'm pro suicide or not. Instead I wanna address and understand why we have this barbaric mental health system that treats us like prisoners.

For example, say I'm homeless with no money, no support system, how in the bluest of blue fucks is locking me up like a criminal and giving me pills suppose to make me wanna live?

The government should have no right to dictate what with do with our bodies as long as we aren't hurting anyone else.

I'm curious though if anyone knows the history of involuntary commitment and how it became law.
The mental health system isn't designed to help those with nothing. It's designed to help the middle-class that has insurance. If you're homeless in this country and don't have someone helping you out you're pretty screwed. As far as locking you up in a hospital...If you broke the law and the decision was to send you to a mental hospital (which are terrible nation-wide) they can do that. They will keep you there for the minimum amount of time and boot you out with enough medication for a couple of days and a prescription. It really doesn't help to have a prescription if you don't have insurance...and money to pay the insurance company for them to help you.

O

Orangeade

This actually is a thing. If you enlist in the military they will give you meds and therapy along with the training you need for service. It's ridiculous.

O

Orangeade

Just shows again, its all about war with them!