• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Why Are There Two Of Me?

T

Twin Souls

I'm not sure exactly how long ago it started or how. I've being forgetting things alot and there are alot of holes in my memory. I'm not myself anymore and people have said so. Each day people call me by my name but i don't feel as though its really mine. I know there are two of me and my name doesn't belong to either of us. Sometimes i'll talk to myself and get an answer back, though i hadn't intended or known i would say anything. Sometimes i'll have thoughts that aren't mine or i'll do things but it wasn't me doing them. what's wrong with me?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Hi :welcome: to the forum!

Do you have access to a psychiatrist or psychologist? It sounds like DID but it might not be. Nobody can diagnose you however on this site. My advice would be to talk to a doctor. Even a GP would be okay too.

T

Twin Souls

Hi :welcome: to the forum!

Do you have access to a psychiatrist or psychologist? It sounds like DID but it might not be. Nobody can diagnose you however on this site. My advice would be to talk to a doctor. Even a GP would be okay too.
I don't want to go to a doctor. What if they make me go away? :(

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I don't want to go to a doctor. What if they make me go away? :(
I have the same reservations. I trust my therapist (who also does my medications) fully.

She has explained that we (my alters and I) are all the same person.

Nobody goes away.

How old are you? Do you have someone who could go with you? When did this start?

T

Twin Souls

I have the same reservations. I trust my therapist (who also does my medications) fully.

She has explained that we (my alters and I) are all the same person.

Nobody goes away.

How old are you? Do you have someone who could go with you? When did this start?
I'm 17. I haven't told anybody about it yet. I don't even known when it started though... :( I've been trying to figure it out but alot of my memories are foggy or just not there at all. It may have been when i was fourteen, but it could have been earlier...