Why are people scared of water?

G

George10111

I've always been terrified of big bodies of water and I want to see if any of you sharen any of my reasons.

Its not the animals or whatever is living in the water its the water itself. I could never open my eyes under water when I swam in any lakes or oceans. There's something so creepily terrifying about the big open, dark, cold abyss. Looking down and seeing nothing below your feet but a practically bottomless dark, cold, alien abyss.

When I was eight I jumped out of our boat to grab the tube in the middle of a big cold mountain lake and instantly had a panic attack even though my lifejacket was on. It was dark green and very cold and from what I remember, the ranger told us it was 700-800 feet deep. I was always told to never look down when you're in a lake or ocean if you're afraid. I'd been a little skeptical of jumping in before but didn't think it'd be that bad but once I jumped in terror struck.

A

AnEagleInYourMind

Same here...

Where I am, there is this quarry pit thats now flooded and used as a diving pool for training divers thats 400-500 ft in depth even at the edge it's straight down, and I always get nervous going near it eventough I can swim. Yet if it was empty, I would go to the edge without a problem as heights don't bother me.

D

DyingUpInHere

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I certainly feel sick enough probably from the Klonopin. I'll post another thread asking about weakest benzodiazepine cause I don't think I can handle what seems like the strongest one anymore. Probably no one will answer.