• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why am I always single?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

sometimes it irritates me and I think dark thoughts.

Most of the time I try to focus on my work and projects, be polite to women.

But I do get lonely at times.

Is it due to mental health?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im sorry you are lonely
but don't give up hope ,remember my life 3 years ago? i had no one things can change
plus i think you are kind caring and sweet x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Maybe it is because i am a worthless piece of trash nobody would be seen dead with :(

EdEd

EdEd

You're not a worthless piece of trash.. if you think you are then you are most certainly delusional.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Unfortunately rarely does something get given on a plate... as such it's important to reach out to connect with others'. The Internet is a great tool for finding people who share the same interests and values. Research, learn and share with others and you might just find your next love there, or failing that try a direct approach of dating apps etc. As with most causees and effects, the second someone starts tackling the causes, the effects start to diminish. Hope this helps :)

ht46

ht46

I read a lot of Charles Bukowski and he has a lot to say about being single. I was a loner for most of my 20s and I'm quite nostalgic about that that time if you can find satisfaction in being alone it's a beautiful satisfaction. But if you want to be in relationship which is fair enough go on a dating site you seem like a chill guy find someone you laugh with. Just my opinion.

ht46

ht46

And don't the false standards of society and the crowd make you feel like you're trash, "if you reverse the totality of their thoughts you'll find the heaven they're looking for" Bukowski.

ht46

ht46

And don't the false standards of society and the crowd make you feel like you're trash, "if you reverse the totality of their thoughts you'll find the heaven they're looking for" Bukowski.
Dont let**

N

natalie

I always thought that in my younger years (20 and 30s), that I would always be totally single, now? I have got a pending Gent Friend intow, happily single by the way, and I am now double h appier.

L

Lab rat

Maybe it is because i am a worthless piece of trash nobody would be seen dead with :(
THAT!! Right there! That’s why you’re single.

If that’s the way you feel about yourself, you give off that vibe. To put it another way, when you write code, what you put in is what you get out. Rewrite the code bro! Only you can do it. I have more to say on the subject, but that’s enough for now.

I have been single for a few weeks since I was 13 I’m now 46 so I have been paired up for 33 years, 2 marriages engaged... god knows how many times (seriously I can’t count) and I’m not the best looking, but I am attractive and have no problem talking to girls and making them laugh.

I’ve only known you a few months, but you are a solid dude and if that is what you want, to be in a relationship, then you need to adjust your plan of attack.

A piece of advice, be honest about your mh, and be choosy, you may be picking a long term partner, so choose someone who makes you happy. You deserve to be happy pal!

L

Lab rat

You are warm, compassionate and intelligent. That are your positives. But you are self deprecating and your depression shines through. That’s what you need to change.

Virtual, that as may be, but I consider myself lucky to call you “friend” and your future partner should consider herself lucky to call you “partner”

So get to work. Take a long hard look in the mirror, see the positives and edit the negatives. You won’t magically cure the depression, so learn to make it invisible. You could always learn to drop SUBTLE hints that you’re depressed... chicks love a bit of mystery, tell her at the right time and you will find she loves a problem to fix. Make yourself available, but there’s always ‘something’ just out of reach.