• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whos right is rage wrong

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
I visted my doctor last tuesday,and asked her for a letter for my local housing office.This letter which would contain medical evidence of my mental health issues, was to support an application to be rehoused.My doctor agreed to this,but said i would have to pay for this letter,this she says everybody has to pay for,is this correct forum members?

She said it would cost twenty pounds,is this correct forum members.So i have been today to collect it,like i was told to,and it had not been done,is this acceptable forum members.This receptionist allowed somebody to push in front of me,because the computer system was not working,to check yourself in with,is this acceptable forum members when i was first in the queue.

When the receptionist said it was not ready,I asked could i come in the morning to collect it,without asking anyone,said it would not be ready by then, come on thursday,is this acceptable forum members.When i said i think you should find out when it will be ready,because it should have been here now,and i urgently need that letter.She rang through to the secretary,who had called in sick so was not there,is this a shambles forum members.

I argued my case with this receptionist set in stone, but made no effect to get any further.I left the surgery fuming,with the air beginning to turn blue with rage.I honestly would have liked to have completely smashed the doctors practice to pieces,but counted to ten instead.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK.

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
It can be frustrating when something is not ready when you go to collect it.

Can you phone them before going back so that you know that it will be ready to collect?

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Won't answer the telephone

It can be frustrating when something is not ready when you go to collect it.

Can you phone them before going back so that you know that it will be ready to collect?
Thanks for the reply dunglen,telephoning them is even worse,they just don't answer.Its the worst practice i have ever encountered,the NHS has gone to the dogs,and the PCT THEY WENT THERE FIRST. This practice is constantly carrying out patient surveys,and you think things will improve, they dont.
honestjohn,honest.

D

Dollit

When we get medical evidence in support of a housing claim in Bristol we have to give the doctors name etc on the form that the Council supply and then they apply for medical evidence and pick up the bill.

If you request such a letter directly from your doctor they have every right to charge you for it. There should be a list of chargeable items posted on the wall of the waiting room or reception area saying what charges are for what services.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
will check

When we get medical evidence in support of a housing claim in Bristol we have to give the doctors name etc on the form that the Council supply and then they apply for medical evidence and pick up the bill.

If you request such a letter directly from your doctor they have every right to charge you for it. There should be a list of chargeable items posted on the wall of the waiting room or reception area saying what charges are for what services.
Thanks for the information Dollit,honestjohn,honest.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
I think that you should be proud of yourself Honestjohn.
You found yourself in a difficult situation and you decided to count to ten so well done to you :)

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Wish it was true

I think that you should be proud of yourself Honestjohn.
You found yourself in a difficult situation and you decided to count to ten so well done to you :)
Thanks for your post Yakuza,I wish i was proud but i'am on a real downer with all this red tape.The greedy selfish capitalists are destroying the underclass in this country.I would be more then happy to live in a caravan in the middle of a field,but these bureaucrats won't allow it.They slaughter all the lower class home owners, by giving us all negative equity,then give all the housing stock away to all the illegal immigrants leaving us with no where to live.On top of all that turn a blind eye to them working illegally,even underneath there own big long noses.Good luck to the gypsies thats what i say,its about time these politicians start to earn there ridiculous salaries,or better still work for mimimum wage and set an example to the rest of the country.Lifes starting to be not worth living,a tired and beaten honestjohn,honest.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Is there another surgery that you could register with Honestjohn?
I had problems a couple of years ago and found a different surgery which turned out for the better.

You're quite right about the politicians,we live in a two tier system;one rule for them and another for the rest of us.
I think that the only way to beat them is to play them at their own game.
I would make a complaint about the surgery and the way you have been treated,it would have to be investigated thoroughly.

I hope you are feeling better soon,best wishes :hug:

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Barmy Medical Armys

Is there another surgery that you could register with Honestjohn?
I had problems a couple of years ago and found a different surgery which turned out for the better.

You're quite right about the politicians,we live in a two tier system;one rule for them and another for the rest of us.
I think that the only way to beat them is to play them at their own game.
I would make a complaint about the surgery and the way you have been treated,it would have to be investigated thoroughly.

I hope you are feeling better soon,best wishes :hug:
Thanks Yakuza i would but why should i,let the iron maidons start doing there jobs,if anyone should move,let it be them.I am going back in the morning to confront this lazy secretary, if she can be bothered to turn in.The complaints procedures would just be another case of whitewashing over me,cover up,stitch up job.Its only another nutter,screw him that kind of attitude,cheers ,honestjohn,honest.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Good luck for the morning Honestjohn,I hope they can have at least the common decency to listen.
Let us know how you get on :hug:

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Will Do

Good luck for the morning Honestjohn,I hope they can have at least the common decency to listen.
will do and thanks Yakuza.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
No sun just rain then a rainbow

I was back at the surgery this morning,no letter was waiting for me,it still had'nt been typed.The receptionist was'nt the one i had seen the previous day,but was much more understanding and helpful.She said the secretaries were both off sick but would ask the doctor if she would do a hand written one,sounded encouraging,telephone at 12oClock.Instead of telephoning having always had difficulty getting through,called in person,whoops no letter,tommorrow lunchtime hopefully, were there directional instructions to me.

The letter should have been delivered in the morning at my therapy session,so then contacted my therapist,now being hyper explained the situation to her.So our appointment was cancelled and arrangements were made to post the letter there,as soon as i had it in my possession.I had just started to type this up date,as boring as it is,when the telephone rang,it was the surgery again,the letter was now ready for collection in the morning.Not at lunchtime but when they opened at 8oClock,game on.So i telephoned my therapist back and as goodluck would have it,my previous appointment was still open to me,so it looks like the famous letter may after all meet its deadline,providing i don't die in my sleep or breakdown or crash on the way.

I also forgot to mention in between all the confusion my doctor had also telephoned me,to explain the position with staff shortage.She is a very likeable doctor and had a calming influence without me having to have a drink.
So it looks like the rainbow is going to glow and release the famous doctors letter,you could say i'am a happy, a happy little chappie.honestjohn,honest.

H

honestjohn

Founding Member
Many thanks

Well done John, hope the letter does the trick. :)
Many thanks Dollit,but my head feels a little shaky.honestjohn,honest.