• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Who's Mentally Ill???

R

rabina

I have decided that the 'ENTIRE' POPULATION IS Mentally Ill.

So, now we can refer to ALL HUMANS AS BEING Mentally Ill.

Look up the definition for mental illness.

Told you so.

rabina

R

RainbowElf

To some respect yes everyone has a mental illness, as several of the traits of personality disorders fit to each and every one of us.

Does not mean we have the disorder just means we are human.

We are all going to suffer with our mind at some point, we have emotions, they take over, they control us and make us do weird things.

Although to me a mental health condition is when you really can not cope anymore with the overwhelming emotions that are going on, or you have just lost control completely, and have become dangerous to oneself or others.

So yes and no to the statement that everyone is mentally unwell.

Pyp x

R

rabina

I have decided that the 'ENTIRE' POPULATION IS Mentally Ill.

So, now we can refer to ALL HUMANS AS BEING Mentally Ill.

Look up the definition for mental illness.

Told you so.

rabina

And so now I have to rectify this above quote.

No, the enitre population is not mentally ill.

Those who abuse and traumatize others are mentally ill.

I just don't like the two words mental illness.
We all have problems.

rabina

A

Aine

Let's separate mental illness and crime. Being an abuser is criminal: it is not a sign of mental illness. When someone does something shocking , violent and horrible, the media say he or she is a 'sicko' - in other words they are mentally ill. There is a difference between madness and badness. To be evil is NOT a mental illness.

Are we all mentally ill? Kishnamurti said: 'It is not a measure of health to be well-adjusted to a sick society. Perhaps people like us who are not well-adjusted to today's society and who are broken by it, are the only normal people!!

R

rabina

Let's separate mental illness and crime. Being an abuser is criminal: it is not a sign of mental illness. When someone does something shocking , violent and horrible, the media say he or she is a 'sicko' - in other words they are mentally ill. There is a difference between madness and badness. To be evil is NOT a mental illness.

Are we all mentally ill? Kishnamurti said: 'It is not a measure of health to be well-adjusted to a sick society. Perhaps people like us who are not well-adjusted to today's society and who are broken by it, are the only normal people!!

Aine,

Abuse and trauma are inflicted upon millions daily by an array of individuals and they are never processed or perceived as criminals.

Verbal, physical, psychological abuse is prevalent in our society and there are many who cannot escape this.

I believe these individuals can be labeled as mentally ill, but perhaps you are right and they should be labeled criminals.

I like the quote about being the normal peolple; those who cannot adjust to a sick society.
We are indeed the normal ones.

Abuse can't be tolerated, but sadly it continues by the cowards who perpetrate such acts.

It is a very complicated and interesting matter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUSY1ydMpi8

rabina

R

rabina

hi I am new here but found this article and it is not a good read. I hate mh being branded in such a manner. I am furious by the wording and criminalising of all mh sufferers.

http://www.matlockmercury.co.uk/mercury-letters/Sickened-by-animal-attack.5576730.jp
poppyf

Hello.

Mental health; what is it?
We all have it and I believe it is the conditon of our psychological state, but perceived by others as they choose to see it.

People who commit crimes against others and even animals have to be held accountable.

Like I state, mental health/mental illness is all very complicated because we all perceive the 2 very differently.

Getting back to Aine and a sick society; we do live in a sick society because we are all broken people in some way or another.

Why do people do the things they do or say the things they say or think the things they think?
We all have origin and history in our lives; you have to look at the entire human being and that is impossible.
I do believe that most men are basically good.
Are some born evil; I don't think so.

rabina

Returncc

Returncc

Re: Perceptual disability and emotional illness.

I think that major mental illness tends to be an information based illness, where the person is suffering from information that they process and reprocess in the same or familiar ways or habits with noticiable behavioural traits that can measurable accompany the perceptual disability. If you change the personal response to information, processed by minds with voices, you change the illness. The more skills the voice hearer has, (intellectually understanding information, or misheard information), the greater the chance of emotionall defending from the voices, so they dont get the better of a person over the duration of the illness, and the mentally disabled or ill person can try to live an accommodated life with the support of other people.

R

rabina

returncc,

I respect your view, but disagree on voice hearing for all being a illness.

Again, society has determined what constitutes mental illness or is this just your view???

This is not a free world and there are those in place to make such determinations, but again I state it is how the individual perceives what is put forth to him or her and how they will react to it.

Who is to say what normal is for another human being???
I say, noone is to make such a judgement and thank God for places
called apartments, condo's and homes.

rabina