• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whoops....Speed gun on school run

BillFish

BillFish

Damn it they got me today. I was driving my kid and his mate home from school this afternoon, on a down hill section of a wide road and I was doing about 37 mph.

My son shouted “Dad it's the pigs!" But it was too late. I grasped for the invisibility cloaking device but it didn't seem to work.

Two coppers were hiding in the hedge with a speed gun and zapped me.

I suppose I'll get the dreaded brown letter in the post in a few days time with 3 points and £60 fine :scared:

S

*Sapphire*

That happened to me a while ago, it was a speedwatch scheme they were doing at the school where the police stand outside with the gun and if your car is zapped, further up the road they make you pull over and offer you the chance to get off your punishment if you will be lectured by the children.

I didn't get pulled over and didn't get a fine so they must have been at someone elses car or something as I was speeding (not by much I had slowed a bit). But it did make me think and I am now very conscious of my speed limit around schools.

BillFish

BillFish

I haven't heard of that being done before. I think I would rather take the fine than be publicly humiliated by my son’s peers at the side of the road.:scared: