• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Who wants to be my friend?

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
How's that for a title? :p

Seriously, though, I think a lot of us are here because we're alone or we feel disconnected from other people. I want friends I can talk to sometimes. Online relationships are much easier for me than IRL ones. I want talk about everything, good and bad, because that's what life is. All of my days have good and bad in them. I'm trying to grow and learn and I want to focus on positive things. I know that's not easy and we won't always be successful. Being here means we already have something in common.

Just to kick things off, I'll share a little about myself here. I'll share more in messages later. My name is Kelly, I'm female, 42, and I live in the US. I've never been married and I don't have or want kids. I have a dog and that's always been enough for me. lol. I enjoy playing older Nintendo games (mostly Animal Crossing), exercising, watching YouTube videos, writing, and taking pictures. I used to like reading, but I haven't picked up a book in years. I do read lots of things online, though. I struggle with depression, anxiety, and OCD. My eating and sleeping habits are a nightmare. I like to think I have a good sense of humor. I can be silly as hell, always saying random things and thinking up random questions.

I don't care if you're male or female. Just message me if you want to talk. Maybe we'll click and maybe not, but I'm willing to listen. ❤

L

LokiPokey75

Hi A_Wilted_Daisy!

Nice to meet you! As a woman as well, I can relate to a lot of what you've experienced in life. I'm only 26, but I also have OCD, anxiety and depression, don't want kids, never been married (or sadly, on a real date! 😞 ) and love Nintendo (Pokemon's my jam!) I think we all just want someone to talk to in this day and age. I can understand where you're coming from that sometimes it's easier to communicate online than in person. The strongest connection with someone I've ever met has been online through this forum actually.

If you ever want to talk, you can message me anytime! I'm also a big fan of writing (I write fantasy stories mostly) and I'm a huge movie buff.

A_Wilted_Daisy

A_Wilted_Daisy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the kind reply, LokiPokey75. Nice to meet you, too!

My age is a tricky thing. I am not a typical 42 year old. I'm stuck in my early 20s mentally. I look and sound young, too. I always feel weird saying my age because it's like, "WTH? How did I get here?" lol

I'm a bit of a Pokemon noob, but I really like the games! Sun was my first game and I started playing it in 2017. (I didn't care for Ultra Moon, though.) I've also played Let's Go Eevee and Shield. I enjoyed them, but I don't have a Switch anymore. I'm not a fan of the Switch. I didn't like the Wii, either. I have some older DS and 3DS Pokemon games, which I haven't gotten around to trying yet: White, HeartGold, Platinum, Omega Ruby, and X. I need to get off my butt and start playing. I'm especially interested in trying HeartGold.

With writing, it's more about writing letters. I don't write stories or anything. And I haven't been interested in watching movies in years. I do like classics and (some) muscials, though. I loooove classic cartoons. I'll watch anything that has tap dancing in it because I tap dance. The only thing I really watch on TV now is "Days of our Lives." I've been watching that cheesy soap off and on since 1997. lol. Sometimes I'll watch old sitcoms or some HGTV shows. :)

L

LokiPokey75

I can understand feeling younger than you are. There were times in my twenties, I forgot I wasn't a teenager! But it's taken longer for me to mature in ways as well, oftentimes to my detriment.

That's so cool you've enjoyed Pokemon! The first game I really got into was Pokemon Gold and Silver for the Game Boy Color (though I had a Game Boy Advance at the time!) Ever since then, I haven't been able to stop. Shield was a bit of a letdown for me coming off of Sun (which was, for me, the best game that had come out of the franchise in a long time.) But it's fun. There's so many creatures to catch!

That's cool you like old movies. My favorite movie of all time is Some Like it Hot from 1959. But I tend to like newer movies than that. I was born in the 90s and I love everything 90s -- the music, the movies, the cartoons. It was a good time for my family and I. I also watch a lot of sitcoms too. My favorite show of all time though is Saturday Night Live. Watched it since I was little, love the cast members. It's just something I absolutely love!

If you want to talk more, you can message me through the little envelope next to your profile. I'd be happy to talk about anything!

A

Alica Smith

Hello!
Yes, I understand that online relationships are much easier for you, it's always been that for me. I'm struggling with a depression too (though it's not exactly struggling, I gave up). You reminded me I should go and read something, but I just have no energy to

D

Deleted member 72467

I'm always looking for new friends to write to. :D So I sent you a message.

D

Deleted member 72467

Hello!
Yes, I understand that online relationships are much easier for you, it's always been that for me. I'm struggling with a depression too (though it's not exactly struggling, I gave up). You reminded me I should go and read something, but I just have no energy to
I had no energy this morning but had one of those rare, "I'm bored" moments. So I used my favorite trick on myself and committed to one minute...something...anything. I unloaded the dishwasher.

Now every dish has been washed, the microwave cleaned, the top of the stove is fantastic. And I've got a list of cleaning supplies to get and actually plan to leave the house to get them.

Some people have that angel and devil, one on each shoulder. I've got a sneaky little guy who tricks me to do one little thing...