Who here receives PIP and works?

R

Raindrops1999

I can't understand why you'd want to work unless the pay was good, plus if you have mental health problems you might not get to work with children. Anyway if you do get the job I wouldn't mention you have mental health issues. If your working then the DWP will see you fit.
I only want to work because I have nothing else to do in my life. My life is boring and I could do with extra money to help fund other treatments.

R

Raindrops1999

it's probably easier to work if you've got the backup if the dwp gets heavy
I'm only looking for a small part time job that would help me fund some other things I need. I have nothing to do in my life and need something.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'd be wary of putting my head above the parapet, i've got very little backup if the dwp get heavy, they've closed me case, i've just had to cope with the capability for work questionairre without much support, i'd dread more of those forms

it might be different if i had back up with the forms

suspect even with universal credit doing any work will effect the clarks view of you as a needy person, it might be different if i could conceviably support myself totally through work

H

harsh-reality

I am on dla and esa and have been offered 9 hours work a week at minimum wage and it is for a disability charity so my manager says its supported permitted work which I can do with ESA. As far as I am concerned DLA / PIP is not the out of work benefit - that's ESA - and you can earn up to 16 hours minimum wage on this benefit - I have decided to take this job and will inform DWP when I start - if it triggers an immediate review then the benefits system is ridiculous - I have worked hard on my self to get better - and if after starting paid work albeit very little hours - if I was immediately assessed and downgraded then the whole system is a total farce - I still have my two mental health conditions - schizophrenia and panic disorder - I believe I have undiagnosed PTSD also - but I want to work and am proud and its demoralising doing no paid work but if by my endeavours I am penalised heavily then where are the incentives...

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
do you have proffessional representation, if so in my opimion you've got someone to liase with the dwp

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

So basically you can work on ESA and PIP now working 16 hours of a minimal wage of 7.50 per hour 120 pounds per week?

Does anybody see the corruption here in this despicable government the UK has?

Some of y'all maybe thinking... yay that's great 120 pounds and when your next assessment comes and they see that you can work, off benefits you come. Its a trap you'll wind up on your ass with nothing and while the Tories continue to dismantle public services and make more caps to benefits until there is no welfare at all most will be suffering from the ever increasing mental health issues out on the street in a country that is falling apart because people are so easily brainwashed by this nasty vindictive hatred for the poor of what we call a government.

fazza

fazza

I can't wait to be well and back to work. Yes I cannot live witbout benefits but when I am well I don't need them.
I worked and cancelled my esa and dla but when I relapse I reclaimed esa and pip which all went through with no problems.

Right now I am on the right path again on my recovery and have spoken to my old boss about a return to work in the future.

No doubt I will be ill again and yes it is a pain in the ass having to reclaim everything but I can't sit still and do nothing when my voices are quiet and my paranoia is under control.

I am not being greedy or unwelcome of the benefits system but I think that I am 75 percent able of doing a job therefore I should work 75 percent.

Work if you can but don't make yourself worse by doing so.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
does anyone know whats happened to burt tomato, last i heard he was working he returned from a weeks holiday and hasn't posted he posted regularly