Who finds life really tough

H

Helen1960

I ask this cos right now life is really hard. It's been hard for a couple of months now and because of stuff in my life at the moment its really tough.

Then yesterday I saw a guy i know and he'd just attempted suicide. That's unnerved me. What if I go down that path.

So I'm asking. Who struggles everyday but carries on anyway?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
I do
but im barely alive
I don't go out I don't meet people I sleep and come on here
I have lots I could do but have no motivation to do so

things got better since I met someone on here but always is in the back of my mind to end my life
that is why I take so many overdoses to stay alive

sorry for my morbid post I hope you get some more helpful ones and that you feel better soon
love Lu xxxx

H

Helen1960

Fairy Lucretia. I feel so sad for you. And yet you keep going. You carry on living. How hard that must be.

Do the medical people try to help you? Could you get a befriender or a CPN. I shouldn't moan.

My son says (not badly) it is as it is. He's right.

I think we're unlucky. Broken and unfixable. You are more broken than me. But I have more in common with you tthan 'normal' people. You are a lovely person.

Have you always been this way?

Thank you for answering.

Helen xx

Skynet

Skynet

I ask this cos right now life is really hard. It's been hard for a couple of months now and because of stuff in my life at the moment its really tough.

Then yesterday I saw a guy i know and he'd just attempted suicide. That's unnerved me. What if I go down that path.

So I'm asking. Who struggles everyday but carries on anyway?
I used to have a very stressed life but now I've learned to prioritize and focus on the things that really matter like my health and family. I've also let go of things slightly less important like career and a romantic relationship. My meds help me and I'm content with my life.

H

Helen1960

That's good skynet. I am good too at prioritising things and can be enjoying life then suddenly I become ill again.

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've had 2 failed suicide attempts, wouldn't recommend

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
I’ve literally lost count of the number of times I’ve tried to take my own life. Since 2006 I’ve found life incredibly difficult. It wasn’t until 2009 I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I’m still here and while I’m okay in this exact moment, I cannot see myself living to old age.

H

Helen1960

Hi vanish, hi flameheart

I'm sorry you've both been in that place. I tried too. In 2001. But I want to live. But also i want to go to bed and die in my sleep. I want peace.

H

Helen1960

Vanish. You say you are ok in this exact moment. Do you have spells of good health?

J

Jaye8525

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello.

Firstly thank you for being open about how you feel. It is better to share no matter what your fears may be.

I am very familiar with the part of my person that is suicidal. I think of this entity inside me as a foreigner because when life is getting really tough I become this person that is unrecognizable. I find I am able to soothe this side of myself when I manage to get a rhythm going again in life.

I had serious addictions that blocked all social interactions and I was not in the real world - I was projecting a life in my warped state. I spent a lot of time in my own head and decided things had to change.

I started focussing on my health and wellbeing, as well as educating myself better. The simple act of focussing on something so utterly and completely makes me feel less like I am locked in constant struggle.

Please remember that you touch people's lives in ways you may not realise - just by being who you were born to be.

I hope this finds you on a good day. :)

J

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Vanish. You say you are ok in this exact moment. Do you have spells of good health?
Hey Helen, what I mean is at that exact moment I wasn’t thinking of harming myself. That feeling has since passed.

elliepaige20

elliepaige20

Hi there,

I've had a few times throughout the last few years where I've thought about suicide, and one time recently where I came close to harming myself. In those moments of heavy sadness, it's important not to make any rash decisions, ones you might regret. I always wait until I've stopped feeling that sadness to make any choices, whether minor or life-changing. The only choice I make during those depressed periods is to just keep fighting as best I can. Sometimes it can be really difficult to pick yourself up and shake off those negative thoughts, and can take a lot of time and practice, but I'm sure you'll get there. Just keep going and eventually I'm sure things will get better. I hope this helps in some way, truly xx

H

Helen1960

Vanish

I get you. Life is exceedingly hard for you. It must take a lot just to get through a day.

Helen x