• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Who do I trust and how?

E

eternaljourney

I'm putting this in depression forum because the overall feeling I have now is deep depression. I have a mixture of anxiety and depressive problems, my most recent diagnosis being Mixed Anxiety Depressive Disorder (no-one has ever heard of it!?).

I've had really poor treatment in trying to get help and it's made my trust issues much worse. I recently just couldn't bring myself to start counselling because I just can't trust. I don't know how to open up (I do talk to my partner) and I'd been doing ok for a bit but am on a downward spiral again.
Everything has clouded over and I'm in slow motion, I can't bring myself to go to the doctors and I'm not sure what to do.

I feel separated from the whole world and as my mind becomes more hazy I'm becoming more frightened.

Eternal

A

Apotheosis

Hi Eternal

I have been on a bit of a spiral into the depths. But this last week I have been feeling a bit better again. I long to have a partner to share my life with, living alone is hard. But one thing I suppose in it's favour, is that I have to make a large effort to get out & be around people.

Trust is always a risk - & I was having this conversation last night about what it is that annoys me about people. It's that the majority of people make a lot of assumptions, & have all kinds of pre-conceived ideas about a MH condition. Simply most people do not understand, & they are afraid of these things. The general reactions are of anger & fear. Most people don't really listen; but based on their own assumptions; that have little basis in any experience or understanding; they sit there & spout advice, & give it all the should & shouldn't talk.

Unless someone has gone through a severe MH condition; or have suffered a lot; or unless someone has looked deeply at the themselves, & into these issues - then how can they really know?

I just want people there that can really listen, that will listen to & acknowledge my experiences, without judgement, & without ignoring, & denying my experiences; & people that will not just have a knee jerk reaction to it.

Some people in my life have been through similar; & are usually better to chat with about all this than others. But even then, they often don't have much in the way of special training to really explore stuff.

It all puts me in a dilemma - I have all this 'stuff' that I want to share & explore - but no one to do so with. So I end up on-line a lot; chatting with people that have a common understanding of MH issues & experience. & in my life I don't chat a great deal about MH issues at any great depth. I end up in arguments with people, I can get so frustrated with it all.

Trust does involve risk & the possibility of being hurt. & I have found that the way society is in part contributes to isolation, loneliness & exclusion. In general people do not want to discus at any depth MH issues, they are not interested & they are ignorant of them. I suppose that these things are too close to the bone for most people.

It is a hard one as to know what is best to do. I have been looking to find a therapist again, but cost & other factors make that very hard too.

I think that you are better off in living with a partner. Some days it is very painful & lonely to have been single & to have lived alone for so long.

E

eternaljourney

Thanks for your reply Apothesis.

I understand your feelings about living alone as I lived alone for years before living with my partner. I know I am lucky to have a partner too but having a partner isn't a cure for mental health problems and we both suffer with them.
I see it in this way, when someone has a physical illness a partner can provide comfort and do some nursing but an illness that has a profound effect on someone's life mental or physical will always need some form of professional treatment.

My trust issue is with the fact that in my experience the therapists I've tried to get help from (on the nhs) and other staff are poorly trained, have a distinct lack of knowledge, do express offensive personal feelings and show judgement. As an example with post trauma there's some responses from unprofessional mental health workers that can be more damaging.
I find it impossible to trust medical staff and more so after recent incidents, I haven't been to the doctors for nearly 2 months and I need to. My level of depression becomes severe as does my level of anxiety. I become very confused and can hardly speak, the weight falls off me as I can't eat and I don't know where I am, I can hardly stand up and I can't go out. Because I don't hallucinate, although I do see things moving out of the corner of my eye and don't hear voices this is not classed as severe where I am. I'm just at the start of it all again and I don't know what to do because I don't know whether I will just get a response that will make me feel worse rather than give me help:cry:.

A

Apotheosis

My trust issue is with the fact that in my experience the therapists I've tried to get help from (on the nhs) and other staff are poorly trained, have a distinct lack of knowledge, do express offensive personal feelings and show judgement. As an example with post trauma there's some responses from unprofessional mental health workers that can be more damaging.
I find it impossible to trust medical staff and more so after recent incidents, I haven't been to the doctors for nearly 2 months and I need to. My level of depression becomes severe as does my level of anxiety. I become very confused and can hardly speak, the weight falls off me as I can't eat and I don't know where I am, I can hardly stand up and I can't go out. Because I don't hallucinate, although I do see things moving out of the corner of my eye and don't hear voices this is not classed as severe where I am. I'm just at the start of it all again and I don't know what to do because I don't know whether I will just get a response that will make me feel worse rather than give me help:cry:.
Sorry that you are experiencing all that.

From what you have said about the MH system - I feel exactly the same way; & have experienced the same things. All things considered I think that I have been very severely damaged by psychiatric interventions & services. It has added another thing that I have to try to overcome & another very difficult challenge in my life; on top of everything else.

I am very aware that certain things would help me - but what do I get on the NHS & as the main treatment - meds & little else. That is no solution for me. It took 20 years to get 10 sessions with an NHs psychologist that would not discus the MH issues; but was rather totally fixated on childhood experience. What are we meant to do?

There are those that are happy to be labelled & medicated; & who take anything & everything that the doctor prescribes them; & they appear to be largely satisfied & contented that is the best there is. I can't be happy about that; because to my understanding it's about the worst there is.

For those of us that do see things differently; & how with the right social & psychological support; we could have the potential of getting a lot better - we are all in the same position - where do we go to find that help & support?

Personally I have looked for people & organisations disconnected to orthodox MH services to try to address certain issues; including 'alternative' practitioners, 12 step groups, & on-line support. It is very hard - the simple truth; is that if you want anything other than being drugged up; you aren't going to get much of that 'alternative' help; because society & the Bio-medical system is based on some very powerful & unhealthy beliefs about mental illnesses & the people that suffer with them. I don't know how you combat this. I don't know where we go to find genuine therapeutic support & assistance?

It would seem that we are as much, if not a lot more, from the way the world is; suffering with the way the psychiatric system is, & the way society is - than we are with the underlying MH condition. Ignorance, anger & fear are the order of the day, & it would appear that the best that we can is to muddle through as best we can, & take support wherever we can find it.

As incredibly hard as it is - all I can really do with most things is to simply accept that is the way that they are. I can't change society, I can't change the MH system, & I have to largely accept other people as they are. Bemoaning the severe injustices of it all; just makes me depressed & ill.

What I have been trying to do a lot more recently is to simply not focus on all the things that are missing in my life, not to focus on everything that is wrong. But instead to focus on the things that I do have, the things to be grateful for, & the things which I enjoy doing.

I need to look again at all the simple things that I can do to best look after myself. In a lot of ways it does all come down to me & personal responsibility. I need to look at eating well, relaxing as much as I can, exercise, looking at stopping smoking, & other ways that I can improve my well being. Because no one else will.

For me it comes down to the simple conclusion that this existence - whatever this is - is very hard; the world is hard, & existentially; being a human means that we are in a mind that is prone to anger & fear. That is the human condition; & the condition of life on earth. & the best I can do is to accept that & try & work with it as best I can with what I have. That isn't easy - but what else do we do?

Last edited:
S

*Sapphire*

the fact that in my experience the therapists I've tried to get help from (on the nhs) and other staff are poorly trained, have a distinct lack of knowledge, do express offensive personal feelings and show judgement. As an example with post trauma there's some responses from unprofessional mental health workers that can be more damaging.
I have had experience of this too, many many times so do understand some of what you feel.

I guess for me the way of handling it was acceptance. Acceptance of their failings, of their occasional idiotic comments and prejuduced attitudes.

If someone in the profession says something I disagree with i now deal with it by telling them in a none-offensive way, and why. If they choose to ignore me then I choose to ignore their advice or comment.

My current social worker said something I disagreed strongly with once, and i let it eat me up inside. I eventually spoke about it in therapy because relations between he and I had broken down, and the social worker was informed (with my agreement). After that we had a frank conversation where I told him what I would and would not accept from him and what is frankly none of his business and he shouldn't ask about or touch upon.

Since then we get on really really well, and I can't imagine having someone else (I have had him as my SW for three years now). I know it does not always go like this, sadly some people in the profession are so tied up with their own egos that they take personal offence or try to blame you. But in telling him what I need from him, and what I don't he has been instrumental in helping me get better, when at one point I had written him off.

I'm just at the start of it all again and I don't know what to do because I don't know whether I will just get a response that will make me feel worse rather than give me help:cry:.
In my opinion you can either go through life with no help or you can take the risk of getting the help that is offered (with all its faults) and risk not only getting some idiots involved in your care, but some gems too. There are people within the profession who have really helped me get better. They are rare, and it also took alot of courage to directly tell people when they are not helping me and why, either so I can move on, ask help from someone else instead or get someone new.

Apo is right at least you have your partner. If you feel you are being treated badly at least you have him/her to sound off to, and to act as some form of objective witness if that makes sense. If you have an issue you can ask them what they thought and if it was out of order. If it is, then at least you know you have a witness to that, and can take the appopriate action.

It is worth remembering that certain people in the profession like support workers and the crisis team have had little training, and therefore if I deal with them I accept that they will probably make some outrageous, rubbish or stupid comments or advice. I just now ignore it. I got wound up about it in the past, but have realised that I am swimming against the tide doing this, and ultimately the only person it was harming was me.

I know this is wrong, I am not condoning that that some people are allowed to practice who clearly should not be, we should have a profession that is properly trained, but at the moment we don't and sadly I am not sure we ever will.

E

eternaljourney

Well yes I agree with everything that both of you has said and the general and rational approach does seem to be taking responsibility of ourselves and accepting that sometimes we're treated unfairly.
Saying that given the length of time I've had my problems and the degree to which I suffer, I don't have a social worker, I'm not ever seen or known as a patient to the crisis team and I'm not in any psychiatric care. I'm never offered any form of homecare even though I'm agoraphobic the majority of the time.
I've seen members of staff from the psychiatric liaison team when I've gone to drastic measures but aren't considered for the psychiatrist.
My only appointment with a psychiatrist lasted 15 minutes, was not a full assessment. The information in my diagnoses was based largely on rough notes made by a locum who didn't know me. I was being treated poorly as it was at the surgery.
Now no-one will disagree with the very brief inaccurate written outcome of that appointment because it was with the consultant psychiatrist.
I was given a very flimsy, rough and damaging handful of therapy sessions at my surgery at the time leading to my appointment with the psychiatrist.
I'm only giving little details of the whole story here too.
If I was offered anything more than a handful of sessions with a poorly trained, ignorant so called professional then I'd be taking it but it isn't the case.
I also agree with not wanting just to be drugged up also but I'm not offered sufficient medication either and no-one will be patient with me to work out what is best for me in the longer term.
What I have done is to speak up because, okay when I do agree with acceptance the only action that will ever improve the system is more people speaking up in a big way.
I changed my GP surgery, complained about the surgery, the therapist and the psychiatrist. The response is to try and treat me as though I don't know what I'm doing , as if I'm paranoid and generally very unwell...my diagnoses now? Still of mild problems, a label no-one really uses and no offer of any decent treatment looking at my medication and any longer term help.
I too try to focus on the positive and all I have instead of what I don't have. However if my mental health was completely under my control and all just mind over matter then I wouldn't go up and down on an emotional rollercoaster constantly. Would any of us with control over it have a problem?
Of course not! That's the injustice, that we actually convince ourselves that we're wrong and weak because we should be in control completely all the time.
The system needs changing and that will only happen with proper complaints being made.

I have now totally exhausted myself, I can't hold my head up and the room is spinning and this is just the beginning!!!:mad:

S

*Sapphire*

I can understand why you must be feeling angry and frustrated with all of this. I would be too, well I am in fact. Similar things happened to me. Complaints procedures were just a jumped up name for putting complaints in the bin.

I guess what you need to work out is what to do about it now.

I would get in touch with Mind and see if they can get involved in trying to get someone to reassess you.
Or the CAB.

If you are prepared to do this you can go to an extreme, which is presenting yourself at A&E and demanding to be seen by a psychiatrist there because you feel unsafe. This is extreme however it may give you an opportunity to see a different psychiatrist and have a full assessment. This will also highlight to your current doctors that you need to have a re-assessment of your needs. Or if you can not go to A&E call NHS Direct and get them to send a duty social worker to your house or an emergency psychiatrist.

You may also be eligible to see an ombudsman to look at the care you have received so far and see if they can get them to implement a more helpful care package as well as investigate your past treatment

I have found GP counsellors unhelpful too, they don't often have the in depth training of therapists, and often use the one size fits all approach towards everyone rather than catering for specific needs.

I understand the need to speak up too, I have on many occassions it is largely unacceptable the way mental health patients are dealt with, but for me after years of complaining I have given up. I'm not happy about doing this, but I had to in the end because it was eating me up, and acceptance was the only way I could get through it. I hate the way they have done this to me, I feel beaten into submission and down trodden, and I also feel somewhat guilty about it too as i know that others will suffer the same fate. But I can not keep fighting after 15 years, I am exhausted with it, and can only do what I can by helping people on here and offering support if I can.

I would like to get involved in a political way, you can join Links groups to do this, they are generally active in trying to change the way your local services are run and most allow people at the coalface to give their points of view. However like with anything run by the Government and local authorities they appear to mostly want to protect their backs, inflate their figures and of course are open to abuse and corruption.

I'm sorry this brought up bad feelings for you. Perhaps if you try mind, the cab, an ombudsman or A&E you will feel more in control and like you are being heard :hug:

E

eternaljourney

Thanks for the support:hug:

I have taken my complaint to the Parliamentary and Healthcare Ombudsman. They basically totally accepted the response from everyone involved which was to gang up on me and make me sound like an attention seeking waste of space. This has done wonders to my self esteem I have to say!
I've asked for it to be reviewed and am supposed to be given regular updates as they reassess my complaint. They promise to have a decision within 16 weeks with regular updates. I haven't heard a thing for 9 weeks. I gave them permission at the beginning of my complaint in March to obtain any medical records they needed. They have never asked for any medical records.

I have also gone to A+E and demanded to see a psychiatrist, I took a list of symptoms with me and was totally on the edge. I was told that the crisis team didn't want to see me and after a 7-8 hour wait I saw (AGAIN) a member of psychiatric liaison who referred me to psychological services.
Psychological Services or 'Talking Changes' are the main service here and all the talking therapies including the counsellors who go to GP practices are based there.
I was told key-worker is the manager who I made the complaint to about the therapist (and I have asked for someone else there to help me) and I get spoken to like I'm a fool, they all know about my complaint. He doesn't treat me as someone who needs help, I'm treated as a threat to the department. Based on this referral I had a psychologist treat my assessment as a way to grill me about my complaint, ask me if I felt sorry for myself and disagree with what I thought would help me.
I was then told I needed a therapy I didn't want and after many frustrating phone calls I had to beg for counselling.
I couldn't bring myself to even begin to try and trust someone from the department so I haven't taken the counselling.
The whole experience has shattered me, baffled me, infuriated me and has just about taken all the fight out of me. I'm now back on a slippery slope into depression and can't seem to keep from getting lower everyday.
I made a call a few weeks ago to MIND but I bottled out of talking to them when I realised that they're based in the same building as all the therapists.
Psychiatric treatment comes from the same building too but a different department. Because of my complaint everyone protects one another and I don't qualify for psychiatric treatment because no-one will disagree with the lazy assessment because it would give me a leg to stand on in my complaint.

How much fight I have is dependent on my health and I don't feel well enough for anything now. I'm starting to get concerned looks and asked if I've got any appointments coming up :shrug:

S

*Sapphire*

I'm sorry eternaljourney I had no idea this had all happened, what a mess.

I've asked for it to be reviewed and am supposed to be given regular updates as they reassess my complaint. They promise to have a decision within 16 weeks with regular updates. I haven't heard a thing for 9 weeks. I gave them permission at the beginning of my complaint in March to obtain any medical records they needed. They have never asked for any medical records.
Okay, I would give them a call and ask for an update, and at the same time send them a letter and keep a copy.

I would also log every phonecall you have with a professional from now on, as well keep a diary log of every time you speak with or see them or receive correspondence with them, what was said and how it made you feel afterwards including names, times and dates.

I have also gone to A+E and demanded to see a psychiatrist, I took a list of symptoms with me and was totally on the edge. I was told that the crisis team didn't want to see me and after a 7-8 hour wait I saw (AGAIN) a member of psychiatric liaison who referred me to psychological services.
Psychological Services or 'Talking Changes' are the main service here and all the talking therapies including the counsellors who go to GP practices are based there.
As far as I am aware you are allowed to have a second opinion from another doctor for most problems this includes psychiatrists. Is there any reason that they are not allowing you to see another one? Also if some time has elapsed from your last appointment and your condition/circumstances has changed then that would also be enough grounds to see a psychiatrist again. Peoples mental health statuses do change and worsen. You can not always be treated by the same meds or package you may have been treated with before. Every time I have a relapse I get to see a psychiatrist again, they simply can not make a judgement based on how I was a year or two before.

If you can I would try to see your GP again, and ask for a referral, and see what happens, if some time has elapsed they may put the referral through again.

Can they not see you without looking at your past notes, because in my mind this could bias their judgement of your condition?

I believe you also have a right to see any notes that might be written about you. I would apply for access to these, and check for yourself what might be written that is causing these issues.

If the ombudsman is not looking at your notes then I would look at them and highlight any points that might be relevant to your defence. This might prompt them to look at them themselves.

I was told key-worker is the manager who I made the complaint to about the therapist (and I have asked for someone else there to help me) and I get spoken to like I'm a fool, they all know about my complaint. He doesn't treat me as someone who needs help, I'm treated as a threat to the department. Based on this referral I had a psychologist treat my assessment as a way to grill me about my complaint, ask me if I felt sorry for myself and disagree with what I thought would help me.
I believe that if they all know about your complaint then they might be in breach of the patient confidentiality law that restricts the amount of people made privy to your notes that are not involved in your care, you need to check this out first though rather than going on my word, I would get this investigated.

I have now got a small tape recorder for when I am dealing with people I think might do this with me. To date I have not felt the need to use it (i got it after most of the damage had been done). It sounds extreme but in cases like this it might be worth recording your dealings with them. I don't think it is illegal to do this (probably need to check - but if reporters can do it etc without someone knowing I would doubt that it is illegal).

Most authorities have a statement about how they treat people under their care, all professionals within that authority should be follwing that statement. It is usually about treating patients with dignity and respect etc. If you felt they were in breach of that, again it is an avenue I would pursue.

It might also be worth taking your partner or a member of your family to these appointments, they are less likely to treat you badly when there are two of you there (infuriatingly).

I was then told I needed a therapy I didn't want and after many frustrating phone calls I had to beg for counselling.
I couldn't bring myself to even begin to try and trust someone from the department so I haven't taken the counselling.
The problem with this, is it appears you have asked for help and essentially when it was offered you refused it (correct me if I am wrong).

I can understand your lack of faith in them, but refusing help offered is not likely to help your case. They would just claim that they did what they could and you turned it down. If the help did not work that is a different story, and perhaps then they could look into alternatives for you.

Or if you don't want to go down that route then you may have to seek the help privately. It seems that there is not much more they can do, unless you think something else might help you?

I made a call a few weeks ago to MIND but I bottled out of talking to them when I realised that they're based in the same building as all the therapists.
In theory this should not affect how they treat you. Mind will also want to protect their reputation, if they breach their own policies they are risking threatening their reputation. That would not be in their interests. Plus again if they went to see people in that building without your consent or permission, they may also be in breach of confidentiality laws as well as the people giving them that information. I would pursue your case with them.

Of course all of the information I have given is my own understanding, I don't know a great deal about confidentiality laws, or rights to record conversations, looking at notes or about second opinions. So I may be wrong, but I would pursue those avenues and find out if you can.

Another way around this is to present yourself to a hospital outside of your area (if lets say you were staying at a friends place) and demand to see a psychiatrist and get an assessment there. You may get a different opinion, and they may pass that assessment on to your current psyche. Also this might help your case with the ombudsman if they have differing opinions of what is wrong and what might help. It is a really long shot, they may just tell you to go to your local hospital, they may refuse to let you see a psyche or give you a diagnosis, but it might be worth trying.

E

eternaljourney

Thanks for all that information, I do really appreciate it.
I'm now just in the tail end of the storm though. I wrote all the interactions down, times, dates etc. the best I could given how I often feel. Every detail was included in my complaint. Since my complaint has been sent to the ombudsman more happened and I did keep updating the ombudsman with letters and calls. They still just accepted the responses so it was a waste.
I'm only expecting them to tell me they've decided to stay with their original opinion and they don't review it twice.
I can't prove all the conversations I've had and the ombudsman have accepted comments of, 'I wouldn't say such a thing!' and 'I don't recall that!'
So what can I do?
NHS direct have told me that I can request a second opinion but they don't have to give me one. I would probably be referred to a psychiatrist by another GP but it doesn't mean I won't see a psychiatrist from the same team who will respect their colleagues opinion.
When I went to A+E I was trembling, twitching, stuttering and confused. I hadn't slept for over 72 hours and one of the first things mentioned was that I'd seen the psychiatrist and wasn't she nice!!!
I was asked if I was feeling anything more than depression!!!
I can't prove all of this and I have had my partner with me for a few appointments. My partner spoke to the ombudsman and a few family members wrote to the ombudsman to confirm a few details but they still decided the response was reasonable.
I'm feeling so let down by so many people.
I don't have any further appointments coming up because I have a repeat prescription and don't really know any of the doctors at this surgery anyway. Whether I took the counselling or not was really a matter of putting my own sanity first and I would have found it a distressing experience. I can't trust anyone from that department.
It is the end of the line for me with getting any help, leaving the area for treatment has been something we've discussed but that means leaving the area for any follow up treatment and again that would be something distressing given my problems.
I know I sound defeatist but I have exhausted all possibilities and I really don't feel well at all. I can't take any more humiliation and distress it's just destroying me.
I can tell my story on here clearly but in person I'm lay down typing and I'm in slow motion. I wouldn't be able to do any clear talking without crying or just not having the strength to do it. People can be awkward when my partner tries to speak on my behalf. They just say they shouldn't be talking to her about me or they really need to speak to me. If they want information from her though they don't have a problem just asking her anything then.
I had seen the ombudsman as the ones to really help me and speak for me but they haven't. I don't have the option to pay for help.
So today being able to talk on here has been helpful, I've felt listened to instead of feeling like I'm being thrown from person to person like a hot potato.
Thankyou:flowers:

S

*Sapphire*

I'm glad that you have found getting this off your chest and being listened to helpful. No one can under-estimate how being heard and understood can help.

Perhaps when you feel you have more strength you can pursue with Mind and the other avenues I have spoken about.

If you have a mental health problem I believe you can allocate yourself an advocate to speak on your behalf. This means that they can deal with the doctors with you, and be made privy to your conversations. Allocating one should get rid of the problems of them saying they can only speak to you. They may ask if what they said is correct and whether you agree, and ask you to be present, but they shouldn't press you any more, unless it really is a question only you can answer, like how you are feeling etc. I believe your partner could be this advocate.

It might also be worth seeing if you can get a care manager who can also be present at your appointments etc, and who should be on your side working in your best interests.

I wouldn't worry about seeing another psychiatrist. In my experience every psychiatrist I have seen has a different opinion to another one. In fact when I was seeing the chief psychiatrist for the first time the SHO I normally saw disagreed with her right in front of me! I think it may be to do with their 'thinking they are God' syndrome! :LOL:

I hope you have more strength tomorrow, and that things appear a bit brighter. Take care :hug:

E

eternaljourney

I have asked NHS direct all the questions about someone speaking for me sometimes and always being present and I've been told that my partner would have to be classed as my carer. To be classed as my carer I would have to have a psychiatrist say that I needed that level of care so we come right back round in a pointless circle again. My partner was asked to leave when I saw the psychologist and told that partners weren't normally present. I wish I'd have protested but it's gone now.
My key-worker, and I wasn't aware I would or could have one was the manager of mental health in the area and...well you know the rest. I was told I had to deal with him during a phone call because he was my key worker but he didn't help me like a key worker would...
I do appreciate your suggestions but a lot of what you say is only available to people they say warrant that kind of care here and they've said I don't.
I'm just getting upset now so I'll stop here but thanks anyway.
Eternal:unsure:

E

eternaljourney

I just thought I'd say that I emailed the Ombudsman today. I still feel at the end of the line for help but after thinking for a bit, I don't have anything to lose now. So I've just asked to know if there is any information for me.

Having the manager of mental health services for the entire area allocated as my keyworker prevented me from getting any form of mental health care without him knowing. As my keyworker he has no contact with me and I think I'm now discharged from any care from his department anyway. It was just to ensure that it was just him that dealt with me.

Eternal:cry:

J

jamesdean

I have read to post 6 only and just wanted to say I agree that I have lost confidence with the nhs generally not just mh services in twnety years I have a few people that have been great but I have had someawful comments made towards me bizare for both physical health n mh.
Thats right eterntaljourney having a partner does cure mh @ all it can in fact put extra pressure though I value my relationship.
Apoheosis you can get direct payments for extra therapy if the cmht have no more to offer, I'm sure if you apply they will suddenly find some seesions.
I took affence of your comments about some people accepting their diagonsis and accepting meds it took me almost twenty years in service meds free before accepting meds I think that was fair trials of trying to go it alone, "Has someone said its whot you do with the diagosnis that is important" I certainly dont wear it like a badge I tell few people about my mh condition.

I will tryto read somemore of this thread now.JD

J

jamesdean

I have read to post 8 now n recently I was offered an apointment for assement for psycological therapy n I seen the name of the manger for this service n I just put it in the bin because I thought same old exhaustive old tired out service,thats the problem really this nhs is bursting @ the seams,old exhausted run down nhs though none of the professionals mind the money including a whole rake of mind staff.JD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 6