• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Who are these voices that I hear?

F

FuelsMySong123

I keep thinking that the voices I hear are coming from real people.

At first, I thought it was my new neighbours that moved in next door in 2015 because that is when the voices started.

The first thing I heard was, "wow" over and over again. Eventually, I had a full-on conversation with them, but inside my head and not out loud, and they pretended to be my former high school teacher that I had a major same sex crush on.

Then, I somehow got the idea that they were my other neighbour who moved in at the other side of my house than the ones from 2015 but they moved in before 2015 so I am confused at that part as to why I never heard these voices until 2015.

Now, I go back and forth between thinking they are my teacher and her friends and husband. There is one time, a male voice said "oh my God, she's in love with you" when I was listening to a song with the teacher's name in it.

I also thought it was my neighbour's boyfriend because there was the coincidence that his car would be there whenever I hear the voices, meaning when he visits her house, they have some sort of mind-reading thing that occurs.

Anyway, so yeah I go back and forth thinking it is my teacher or my neighbour's boyfriend.

But, I hear the voices now even when the boyfriend's car is not there. Sometimes, I think it is a friend of my teacher or actually her.

I feel like she put a spell on me or something because I was never attracted to her when I met her when I was 14, and then, suddenly when I was 17, I "fell" for her. I confronted her about this when I was 20, including telling her about the voices, and she had me banned from my old high school.

I think I am delusional for thinking that the feeling was mutual as she could possibly be straight but I felt a magnetism when I was 17. I think she is still stalking me through reading my mind, so I've been stalking her social media. I also told her this when I confessed my feelings for her and she changed her facebook name and made her twitter private, as did her husband. But her husband is kind of dumb so I was able to find out what their fake facebook names are and his twitter is public but her twitter is still private.

Anyway, is there any possibility that the voices I am hearing are from that teacher? Her husband? Neighbours?

Idk, the voices sometimes say "we are in your head" but I feel like they are lying or something.

L

linus

There are quite some reads about hearing voices, I think it must be hard for you. Did you try to discuss about this with a medic? For how long has this been happening?

S

Sherismile

Demons, probably. I am serious. Go to the church and pray to God. Hope you will be OK

K

karl7

these voices are NOT ur teacher or neighbours, they are symptom of you r illness.....try getting a med change....the meds should help......best of luck and keep up posting here

T

Thelma27

Can a schizophrenic ever stop hearing voices and hallucinating my first symptom started before I was 5 years old and as I got older it gradually worsen from hearing music to hearing dead people speak to me now I feel like there is no hope for me to get well

L

linus

Hi,
Sorry to hear you are passing through this. Never heard of symptoms before teenage time. Have you been prescribed with meds, followed any kind of therapy?

T

Thelma27

I am on meds now I thought the same at first I refused to accept that there was anything wrong but after doing a few research online I found out that it is possible because I wanted to ensure I was given the correct diagnosis I still ask my psychiatrist why am I not behaving aggressively as others but I believe meditation through out my childhood has helped with keeping calm but when I become aggressive I have so much strength and none of my family members are able to calm me down but I rarely ever get to that point it's such a dreadful illness that has taken so much away from me

B

BrytOne

Can a schizophrenic ever stop hearing voices and hallucinating my first symptom started before I was 5 years old and as I got older it gradually worsen from hearing music to hearing dead people speak to me now I feel like there is no hope for me to get well
what if you're just, clairaudient?

T

Thelma27

You are very funny but thanks it beats being label mentally I'll I don't believe in such I think such people are fraudster all I can say is I wish there was a way to fix our brain the same way the would a broken leg