• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

white noise

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Sorry this is a strange one.
From time to time and I think its when I am stressed I get what I call white noise in my head when I am resting .The easiest way to describe it is its like tinnitus in the ears but this is definately in the head.Does anyone know what this is???
KP

W

White Dragon

Hmm I'm not quite sure what that is. But yes occasionaly I do hear some rather strange noises. Sometimes they make me jump.

J

jamesdean

i get lods of dejavu tastes n smells n 4 years i used 2 get noises 2 which i describe has electric n i say this because when it switch off i felt such piece n most of my life when i closed my eyes i seen the colour purple, whats any of that mean? i wonder jd

D

Dollit

KP our bodies and minds have many reactions to stimulus and sometimes it's better to accept that it's nothing more than that than worry about it. If you really want an answer have a chat to your GP or psych but stress really can make your mind & body jump through hoops!

M

maggiezee

I too have the white noise in my head. I used to notice it allot more than I do now. It seems to me that mine started when I started with a specific med. I don't think my doctor really understood what the problem was but asked if it was enough of a problem to stop the med which it wasn't/isn't.
By the way, if I "talk" funny" it is because I live in the US. I was searching for this type of forum and there you were. Mental Illness is mental illness wherever we are. And this is my first post. I will start another thread because I have another problem to discuss.
Thanks for being here.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I call this my washing machine head....???

M

maggiezee

(y)Thanks for the laugh. Now that is what I will remember if/when it starts to bother me. A laugh will be a great diversion.

J

jamesdean

do u know the sound of the washing machine used 2 freak me out i'm only now just coping with it.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I have my washing machine head this morning... all the thoughts and pictures around my head flying... o for a proper nights sleep

J

jamesdean

i kmow just whot u mean i'm getting 4, 2, 5 hours a night @mo

M

maggiezee

And when I do sleep I wake up feeling like--if only I could get some sleep.

And people seem to think because I'm not "working" I am living the "good life". i wouldn't exactly call it that. :unsure:

Last edited:
J

jamesdean

i do understand if only people knew the truth then they might not b so quick 2 judge u