• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Which one are you?

Which one are you?

• a

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • b

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • c

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
S

shotme

Schizophrenia can take on either a chronic (a) form or a form with relapsing and remitting (b) episodes.
Drug-induced psychosis (c) similar to schizophrenia.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

hearing voices for at least 4 years now while I am awake. It is surreal, because it feels as if a few people I know, I telepathically sending me messages. They are quite hostile, but sometimes I think I am just psychic and not schizophrenic. But I am on meds, and have been diagnosed by a p-doc. So I guess its chronic at the moment.

shaky

shaky

Remission and relapse.
I usually go into delusions when I am overwhelmed with depression or bad events happening to me.

BillFish

BillFish

Remission interspersed with micro relapses, I hear voices throughout the day commenting on what I do or think, as though they are muffled voices just in earshot. I'm so used to it, I don't even comment on it with anyone and just get on with my day anyway.:p

Passionflower

Passionflower

Chronic now but used to be relapsing and remitting years ago. I hear voices every day for about 12 hours a day and they are very violent in some cases and mundane and irritating in other cases.

8anana

I am told by doctors that it's chronic, for the last 19 years with hospitalisations.

BillFish

BillFish

Chronic now but used to be relapsing and remitting years ago. I hear voices every day for about 12 hours a day and they are very violent in some cases and mundane and irritating in other cases.
Mine are intermittent like catching voices on the wind, a women in her late forties and a man in his thirties for some reason. It gets too much and distressing maybe once or twice a month, and I head for the medicine cabinet for some PRN. Still have some vague delusions that don't impact on my daily life, TV and radio still comment on me:meanie: But I still seem to function just fine as a husband and farther, I'm generally very stoical about the entire experience.:p

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i was told by that last psychiatrist i was approaching the chronic stage of my illness, i said can you write to the dwp and tell them that, she said i won't lie to you some of my patients i consider deserving have been turned down

one frind said only approaching

L

lovagemuffin

I don't know to be honest.

8anana

i was told by that last psychiatrist i was approaching the chronic stage of my illness, i said can you write to the dwp and tell them that, she said i won't lie to you some of my patients i consider deserving have been turned down

one frind said only approaching
turned down for what?

L

letalis

I have intermittent episodes (b).

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i haven't been in hospital for 35yrs probably due to the modern condition you have to be in to be admitted and my leaning on large amounts of meds

Don't know if i make the right decision, just been left in this no mans land between been fit for work and ill enough to qualify for support

The dwp seem to recognise my issues at least at the moment but i worry theres trouble ahead