• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Which medication works for you?

Zero One

Zero One

I have been having some really awful episodes/flashbacks and they seem to getting a lot worse. My pain management doctor asked me how things are going and when I stopped talking, she said, " that sounds like you have PTSD." So I told her that I am diagnosed with PTSD and she said that she thinks medical marijuana would be great for me to stop pain and PTSD. She told me to check with my work to see if it's ok with them and she willh prescribe it to me. I felt like I could never do something like medical marijuana but my mind is so steadily bombarded with flashbacks and i can't make a proper sentence with my mind because my thoughts get lost in seconds and they come back at a time where it doesn't make sense.

Is there a medicine you have taken to lessen the hurt of PTSD. 🤔 I think lorazepam helped to control them.

S

singsongfun

Do you have problems with psychosis? Surely cannabis would make psychosis worse.

Zero One

Zero One

Do you have problems with psychosis? Surely cannabis would make psychosis worse.
Yes I am schizoaffective and she, the doctor, knows I have psychosis and I explained the extremity to her.

In all my years of trying to medicate my disorders, no one has recommended any medicine for PTSD they have only said counseling can help.

I feel like hell sometimes and it goes hand in hand with the psychosis of voices trying to give me delusions and questioning the reality of what was happening at the time of the trauma, which sometimes leads to me having some very disturbing thoughts and mental imagery, and they go all out with hallucinations, problems with mood and paranoia.

Thank you so much for your reply, @singsongfun 🙂

J

JayP75

I think your doc is smart... Every antidepressants of any sort will have a different reaction on your situation and may give you more harmful episodes anytime soon
where as marijuana might drive you on a one way road that your mind decides to go on

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Anti depressants would work best! I think it will slow the thoughts. And help with memory. Also vitamins can help with memory. I go they this daily, forgetfulness. Hard to think of the past and even current memories. But I always think of sexual memories is that bad? I never really think of the friendships we had just the sex. So strange.

24thMAU

24thMAU

I've been on so many over the years, I can't even remember all their names. Single, multi-medications, etc. The one I've been prescribed about 2 months is Celexa 40 mg once a day. Helps with the depression, flashbacks not so much. Fo some weird reason too, it has helped me not want to drink; which is a good thing.

Zero One

Zero One

Anti depressants would work best! I think it will slow the thoughts. And help with memory. Also vitamins can help with memory. I go they this daily, forgetfulness. Hard to think of the past and even current memories. But I always think of sexual memories is that bad? I never really think of the friendships we had just the sex. So strange.
No I think that is normal. Remembering relationships can be really awful and painful.

Zero One

Zero One

I think your doc is smart... Every antidepressants of any sort will have a different reaction on your situation and may give you more harmful episodes anytime soon
where as marijuana might drive you on a one way road that your mind decides to go on
Thank you @JayP75 ,. I was having flashbacks for this entire month that passed but I didn't hear from the voices throughout the day. She is extremely intelligent and she talks to people with intelligence. I wasn't sure what to do about the vaccinations, and she asked me if I got them yet. I told her no and she really gave me a thorough explanation to that the harmful part of the virus is taken out do they are antigens...etc and she was wondering why the CDC went to calling the one in the states Delta instead of beta.

I'm not sure about the one way the marijuana may take me.

Zero One

Zero One

I am having the same thing with memories but some serious problems with attention. Like when I talk to my mom I sometimes have to ask her what we were talking about, what was she telling me about, etc.

Zero One

Zero One

I've been on so many over the years, I can't even remember all their names. Single, multi-medications, etc. The one I've been prescribed about 2 months is Celexa 40 mg once a day. Helps with the depression, flashbacks not so much. Fo some weird reason too, it has helped me not want to drink; which is a good thing.
Oh that's really nice. I was placed back on Norco 10/325 and it has really helped with the over eating.

Thank you 💕

B

BlueWater

Lamotrigine, my mood stabilizer, helps mute triggering memories and flashbacks. Go read its PTSD reviews on drugs.com. More recent bad memories are still near the surface, but those from decades ago aren't bubbling up anymore in the form of flashbacks and my focus is usually better especially in conversations.

I take meds everyday for anxiety: Klonopin, Lyrica (also for pain), Hydroxyzine HCL and sometimes Propranolol. I'm about to try Buspar. Anti-depressants might help you. I haven't gotten settled on one yet. Medical marijuana doesn't sound like a good idea at all. If it were me, I wouldn't want to add psychosis and being put on APs to my list of problems.

Norco 10/325 is great for appetite suppression and the best thing in the world for a bad cough.

Zero One

Zero One

Lamotrigine, my mood stabilizer, helps mute triggering memories and flashbacks. Go read its PTSD reviews on drugs.com. More recent bad memories are still near the surface, but those from decades ago aren't bubbling up anymore in the form of flashbacks and my focus is usually better especially in conversations.

I take meds everyday for anxiety: Klonopin, Lyrica (also for pain), Hydroxyzine HCL and sometimes Propranolol. I'm about to try Buspar. Anti-depressants might help you. I haven't gotten settled on one yet. Medical marijuana doesn't sound like a good idea at all. If it were me, I wouldn't want to add psychosis and being put on APs to my list of problems.

Norco 10/325 is great for appetite suppression and the best thing in the world for a bad cough.
I love lamotrigine, but it didn't work well with me. Just came off buspirone because I think it was giving me akathesia. My doctor really Zoloft to me and told me to take it in the morning. My sleep was hell last night but I went back to sleep woke and took Zoloft and went back to sleep again. It was great! I am feeling better.

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I love lamotrigine, but it didn't work well with me. Just came off buspirone because I think it was giving me akathesia. My doctor really Zoloft to me and told me to take it in the morning. My sleep was hell last night but I went back to sleep woke and took Zoloft and went back to sleep again. It was great! I am feeling better.
buspirone does not cause akathisia, antipsychotics do

Zero One

Zero One

buspirone does not cause akathisia, antipsychotics do
The internets do not agree with you lol. I could have just looked it up before

There is also the potential for serious side effects when taking buspirone. These include (UptoDate, n.d.): Movement disorders like akathisia or dyskinesia (inability to sit still or control body movements)

lifecangetbetter

lifecangetbetter

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The internets do not agree with you lol. I could have just looked it up before
its not a common side effect at all, at all. antipsychotics are notorious for causing it