• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

which medication are u taking?

L

loonie

care to share what works for u :cry:

bubbling under

bubbling under

amitriptyline and citalopram, plus i've got diazepam for my really bad days. I try to avoid taking that though, it doesn't make me feel good the next day.

A

Ainsworth

valproate and zoloft, and like BU, diazepam when i need it.

K

Kate31

meds

venlafaxine 225 mg and quetiepine 300 mg....sometimes olanazpine replaces quetiepine.

T

telemetry9

Just began the last of the developed Tri-Cyclics: Lofepramine @ 140mg.

Tired at first; groggy; and brain zapped from withdrawing from ecitalopram. Starting to feel the weight of the full depression lifting somewhat.

3 weeks now and counting on the new drug and still withdrawing from ecitalopram which began to stop working a few months ago (of course they wouldn't listen to me and simply increased the dose), and consequently left me in the depths of a very severe episode and in a lot of pain each day. Each day getting worse before demanding lofepramine. Still finding my way out of the darkness and pain of those days.

I just want to say that one life changing medication for one person will have no effect on another - so comparing meds isn't a worthwhile endeavor as you probably know. It is worthwhile to research which class of anti - depressant has the most effect...SSRI's/Tri-cyclics and the rest....

Don't simply accept what they prescribe you. Do your own research and use your own intuition. It's your life and your body. If you have a chemical imbalance and endogenous/long term and recurring depression then medication is still very much a great help despite what you might hear from the "experts". It can actually help change lives if you stumble across the right medication for your type of depression (unique to you).

Be strong - get angry - stay calm - find your own answers - don't be patronized.

love for all.
robert.

T

telemetry9

feelings of enormous anger and rage during the weekend. Not sure if it is due to the new meds or withdrawing from the old or simply just tired.

Not a nice to feeling to hate everybody but managing to control it mostly.

robert.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

60mg of citalopram and just started 15mg mirtazapine. I have diazepam for stressful times but I haven't taken one for a while.

J

JETBOY

hey guys

hey guys ,lithium and dolusopin ,for me ,my phychartrist says they cant make
me better ,but the lithium will keep me stable ,oh yes it works so well ,
it keeps me in a stable world of torment ,and unspeackable demons my mother
screams in my mind over and over ,the fire burns behind my eyelids when
i close them to try and sleep,,,,,,,,,we,ll you did ask ,,JETBOY

T

TOONAFISH

lithium, risperidone, duloxatine, lamotragine. reducing risperidone at the moment