• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Where you smoking weed

T

Twokiwisandabanana

:goodluck::goodluck:500 times more likely to develop schizophrenia:doh:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
I've never smoked weed or taken any substance, yet was diagnosed with schizophrenia last year. I don't hear voices and don't hallucinate, I was probably psychotic. So not sure they have the right diagnosis for me.
I've read that smoking weed can increase your risk of schizophrenia.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

yeah righto

where are the figures or are we back to 1920s Reefer Madness?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

voices were said to come from smoking pot once a day for 30 days in chinese medicine which is a few thousand years old. meantime across the world and at the same time, voices are heard from taking opiates and hippocrates denounced the mystical effects but maintained them as a treatment for pain. Religion in general has a lot to do with hearing voices. People take on the stigma of marijuana being a meditative substance when smoked so it comes back around that way. I maintain that the vestibular, the sub-conscious, sleeping,voice hearing, and gravity are all related.
interesting list of voice hearing causes: Hearing Voices In Your Head? Auditory Hallucinations: Causes, Types, & Treatments

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh come on people! Everyone knows cannabis causes schizophrenia! I know all about it. I read it in the Daily Mail.

D

Daypass

I know many people who really messed themselves up with the idea that "weed is natural man".

The opposite swing on the pendulum "you're all going to die" is just as bad. Especially since it's used to incarcerate (sp? i ain't googling shit!) people but i wouldn't dismiss any link between any drug and any side effects so readily, because it's enjoyable.

Everyone is more prone to looking for excuses why the things they enjoy are fine, and the thing everyone else enjoys are not. My mother the alcoholic, will go on endlessly about the benefits of wine. My friend, the pot addict, goes on endlessly about the benefits of pot.

Too much of anything probably isn't good for you. It's just logic. Too much water can kill you.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I honestly believe MJ is a healing herb. As far as it causing schizophrenia I doubt as I was symptomatic before I ever smoked weed. Now it can contribute to psychosis I'll grant you, but so can alcohol. It COULD have exacerbated my condition I suppose. But I believe there are numerous health benefits of MJ. One such benefit is that drinking MJ tea can cure a urinary infection. I have used it for this reason before. The next morning my pee was discolored and I was cured. I want to try coming off my meds and using MJ as a treatment. That's why I plan to move to California when I get my disability approved.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

our skeleton is based on endocannabinoids and as such they have been researching MMJ for bone issues for years now.

Taken together, the reports on cannabinoid receptors in mice and humans pave the way for the development of 1) diagnostic measures to identify osteoporosis-susceptible polymorphisms in CNR2, and 2) cannabinoid drugs to combat osteoporosis.

Cannabinoids and the skeleton: from marijuana to reversal of bone loss. - PubMed - NCBI

Yes, mj actually REVERSES bone loss so why isn't it prescribed already? That article is 8 years old. :(

interesting fact: my mother was dx with osteoporosis age 45. I am 51 and do not have it or any signs of it (ive been xrayed).

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

MJ is also good for eating well as it gives you the munchies. :mrgreen:

I used to make the most outrageous food combos when I had the munchies. Once I made Chili dogs with mustard and chocolate syrup. They were damn good and I never would have tried that if I hadn't smoked first. Lol

T

Topcat

MJ is also good for eating well as it gives you the munchies. :mrgreen:

I used to make the most outrageous food combos when I had the munchies. Once I made Chili dogs with mustard and chocolate syrup. They were damn good and I never would have tried that if I hadn't smoked first. Lol
Once got the munchies when out and about, and the only thing around to eat was more hash cakes...... :colours:

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

Now that's a good problem to have. Lol

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not crazy yet you don't have to move to Cally. Just grow your own in a wardrobe. Problem solved

When In Rome

When In Rome

Not crazy yet you don't have to move to Cally. Just grow your own in a wardrobe. Problem solved
People do that here, obvs some get caught when they overdo it with the plants and bypass the electric.

What I can't bear is the smell of skunk, it makes me feel nauseous and people here smoke it openly on the streets or if they have a bag in their pockets it can stink the whole bus out.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

But in cali you can grow it out in the open. Here they would lock your ass up.