• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Where to begin!

B

BSamedi

Not in a good place and that's why I have joined here.

I endure BPD, PTSD, Depression and I'm a (currently dormant) self harmer.

My home situation is not a good one, my partner of the past 11yrs has decided she's had enough of my Mental Health problems and has ditched me. To my own detriment I am still in the same house as her, getting re-housed is almost impossible for a single white male in the UK.

I have 2 daughters who also live in the same house that I am currently in, I'm putting up with my Ex's incessant emotional and mental abuse because I don't want to lose my daughters. Truth be told if I had somewhere I could go I would be gone but I have no living family and no real life friends to turn to so I feel trapped here.

I try to busy myself as best I can by making pipes and playing around with digital designs, I'm not much good at either to be truthful.

Well, that's a little about me for now, I'm going to have a look around and get a feel for the place.

Peace to one and all, God Bless.

W

Waverunner

:welcome: to the forum. Have a look around and feel free to post in the threads and to start your own.

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so sorry about your situation; that's horrible.

I hope you can find a resolution soon.

Does your ex not want to move out?

B

BSamedi

Hello and :welcome:

I'm so sorry about your situation; that's horrible.

I hope you can find a resolution soon.

Does your ex not want to move out?
Thank you for your kindness, it is going to take some sort of miracle for me to find a resolution to this situation. My Ex' refuses to move out, she keeps treating me horribly and says the cruellest of things to me which wound deeply. Every single time I say that I need to get help in getting re-housed she flies into a rage screaming that I am trying to escape my responsibilities as a father to our 2 daughters and how could I even consider abandoning her and the children. She has me so turned around and upside down that I don't know if I'm coming or going, she's a lot smarter than me and seems to be able to word things just so and I end feeling like a horrible person so I collapse inside and allow her to treat me as she does.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you for your kindness, it is going to take some sort of miracle for me to find a resolution to this situation. My Ex' refuses to move out, she keeps treating me horribly and says the cruellest of things to me which wound deeply. Every single time I say that I need to get help in getting re-housed she flies into a rage screaming that I am trying to escape my responsibilities as a father to our 2 daughters and how could I even consider abandoning her and the children. She has me so turned around and upside down that I don't know if I'm coming or going, she's a lot smarter than me and seems to be able to word things just so and I end feeling like a horrible person so I collapse inside and allow her to treat me as she does.
sounds like she is playing mind games with you, trying to guilt trip you. You're not abandoning your kids by taking care of your health.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting somewhere else to live, it must be awful to have to take your ex's outbursts on top of everything else. I expect you have already tried CAB, Shelter and places like that? What does your council say?

Are you in contact with MH services and if so could they offer you written confirmation of your BPD etc that might help to get you housed? Or have you been in touch with any free legal advice centres? I am not sure but I think housing advice is still free from these places.

katya

katya

sounds like she is playing mind games with you, trying to guilt trip you. You're not abandoning your kids by taking care of your health.

I'm sorry you're having trouble getting somewhere else to live, it must be awful to have to take your ex's outbursts on top of everything else. I expect you have already tried CAB, Shelter and places like that? What does your council say?

Are you in contact with MH services and if so could they offer you written confirmation of your BPD etc that might help to get you housed? Or have you been in touch with any free legal advice centres? I am not sure but I think housing advice is still free from these places.
I agree wholheartedly with this.

You are not abandoning your children by leaving your family home; you've broken up with your ex, and I doubt very much she'd put up with living with you, if it were the other way around and she felt as though she wanted to leave. Sounds like she wants to have her cake and eat it, despite the fact it's hurting you terribly and she can see that. She's abusing you at the moment, it sounds like - it's probably not her fault, in some respects, because she's probably scared of facing life without you while raising two children, but it's no reason to keep you captive in a situation that isn't right for you. Your mental health is so important, and you deserve to be in a situation that is conducive to that. I really hope you can get help from the council.

Maybe contact Citizen's Advice? They're really good for stuff like this. There's always a solution!