• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Where is me ?

T

Twylight

Over the years i've tried many siutations, to find the best for my happiness

1: if i take me mediction as prescribed - life is dull and miserable, I have No motivation and i'm constantly in and out of bed - severely depressed

2: if i take my mediction and use cannabis - i'm much more alive, well motivated - relatively happy

3: if i dont take any meds without cannabis i'll quickly accelerate into deep psychosis, start shouting, probably arrested and forcilbly injected

4: last year i tried a reduced dose - it was great for four months, but then I noticed my sleep pattern changing and i raised the meds, eventually I asked to be hopitalised and went in for 8 days
Throughout this period I had no hallucinations or voices, but my thinking was not right

Out of these 4 options I have to go with option 2

Or i could try the only medication I haven't tried ; CLozaril
But i have had bone marrow leukemia and Clozaril can have a negative effect on white cells

A

Apotheosis

Personally Cannabis is lethal to my good MH. Meds or not.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hello there apoth is right cannabis is a difficult one with schizophrenia i'm sure you could try another medication that doesnt affect your blood cells what meds are you on now? diddy:)

A

Apotheosis

People are individual & different - I'm an addict - I can't stop habitual drug usage when I start. Maybe for some people they are fine with recreational drug use? It's not for me.

I'm on amisulpride - I hate it - I've got to a place of some acceptance around being dependant on it. All anti-psychotics are highly damaging in my book - as these drugs go; I think that the one I'm on is probably a lesser of Evils - I've got to a low dose; as low as I can get. Eventually I'd like to get successfully med free.

(Sorry diddy - I was being thick - I thought that question was directed at me)

T

Twylight

I've tried...

Chlorpromazine
Promazine
Sulperide
Ami-sulperide
Zuclopenthixol
Respiridone
Abilfy
Modecate
Quetiapine
Olanzapine
If I owned a Dog and the Vet said it had to be put on any of these medications..
I'd have the Dog put to sleep
It would be kinder

A

Apotheosis

If I owned a Dog and the Vet said it had to be put on any of these medications..
I'd have the Dog put to sleep
It would be kinder
True - in fact; vets sometimes administer 'anti psychotics' to dogs; But they will not prescribe them any longer than a few weeks - as they know the extreme damage such drugs cause.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi twylight in the past we wouldnt have had access to these meds it would be a worse hell if we had no relief from our symptoms hope the sun comes out for you soon diddy :)

T

Twylight

hi twylight in the past we wouldnt have had access to these meds it would be a worse hell if we had no relief from our symptoms hope the sun comes out for you soon diddy :)
True - I often think of the poor sods who were kept in assylums and permanently sedated - while the staff played tennis

I

IntrospectionFtw!

ive been on
abilify
quetiapine
olanzapine
risperdone
effexor
seroxat
prozac
loprefamine
buspirone
sertraline

best combo was prolly abilify and effexor...with the odd line of coke, i was quite content with that till they switched me to loprefamine which interacted badly with the coke and has left me with slight arrhythmias which is a known drug interaction between the two which my doctors neglected to tell me about...had to find out from bluelight afterwards. id stop the cannabis if i was you the more i smoked the more dramatic the personality changes were in me...but if you can balance it with ur antipsychotic then go ahead i did the same thing with coke but obviously had to stop due to the arrhythmias.

T

Twylight

Thankyou
I used to do a half ounce of dope a week - every day

but now I just do an eighth over the weekend

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yeah and the dreaded ECT "THERAPY" ahhhhhhhhhhh RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!:mad:
DIDDY

R

rasselas

True - I often think of the poor sods who were kept in assylums and permanently sedated - while the staff played tennis
yes, drugs were used in the asylums a lot to sedate people. although that's not so different to today's community approach to the long-term sedation of those with severe, enduring or episodic problems.

but it wasn't all heavy sedation and physical torture and strange brain experiments.

many of them gained a serenity that wasn't possible in the wider community. that's why these people were able to produce such influential and respected art, for example:

http://www.bethlemheritage.org.uk/gallery.asp

:)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i snort therfor i ham.............my mothers aunties were in metal institutions they lived there their hole live mum says they liked it ther it gave them community where they felt safe she thinks it was a good idea. however you cannot ignore the human rights violation in a situation like this so no i dont believe it would be a good idea.:eek: