• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

where from here

megirl

megirl

I feel like i am in limbo?
maybe its other peoples opinions affecting me at the moment.
I am a cleaner no pressure supportive boss I do take the odd day off here and there, hes fine about it all.
A few people have suggested I go back to nursing? If only I could.
If it was a perfect world of course I would. Sadly its not
I work 50 hours a fortnight then I hear other people doing 40-50 hours a week I feel lazy in comparison, I know I arent lazy maybe I am?
I dont know anymore,
Even my new support worker says well you may be able to go back to nursing?
Maybe i need to see my pdoc havnt seen her for some time she gets it she knows my battle to go back to nursing I couldnt cope with the pressure made a few errors I do think they actually just wanted to get rid of me and yeh they did.
Funny old world

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I don't think you sound lazy. It sounds as though you're doing really well coping with your present job and are, understandably, worried about taking on too much. Stress can play havoc with mood episodes.

megirl

megirl

Hey thanks hun,
Yeh I guess I am I just compare myself with others and I shouldnt,
If I was an amputee or suffered a stroke all would be different I know theres stigma in relation to mental illness its so hard to not feel pressured by others opinions.
I had a friend (whos no longer a friend) that has suggested i go to a private mental health facility, shes like 'its only 4,000 dollars a week, so its your health so its worth it, then she tells me several weeks there i will be cured like ?what the hell?
Bipolar can not be cured its an illness and as far as i can tell I am doing well!
I am doing pretty well and if i (she believes) went to that clinic, then I should have a baby to nurture and everything will be fins?
Well I dont think so?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Your (ex) friend sounds like she's suffering with a classic case of 'more money than sense'! That, unfortunately, cannot be cured either. :)

Unfortunately yes, there is still a lot of stigma around mental health issues. I think you've just got to get to a point where you accept that you do what you can and that taking on too much would be detrimental to your health.

Stay strong.

megirl

megirl

Hey thanks,
yeh she reckons we are 'loaded' well great but if we were loaded then why work?
I guess we could get throug fine with hubbys income but its nice to have my own money also. I am a useless safer of money but I arent too bad really its just well why not enjoy being able to pay for the groceries, meet up with a friend for coffee, just do some nice me stuff.
I umm.. gave her a lovely gold and ruby ring of mine have no idea why? she has given me some pictures and a large mat which is outside on the patio well my ring is almost worth 1000 dollars I feel that so many of my friends deserve that more than her?

megirl

megirl

well anyway have just text her and told her to come collect her stuff on saturday ha ha

megirl

megirl

well maybe i sould just drop 'her' stuff off and forget about the ring funny