• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Whent into town now feel dreadful

J

johnathon84

Hi there everyone i just wanted to share a little story from today. So as i have well documented over the past number of weeks i have been terrified of leaving my house and going out to places due to fear of panic attacks which do often occur. However today i took a bold step to go out i went into town to have a little look around. I have been off work for quite some time now and have not seen any colleagues at all that was until today.

I saw a friend from work who asked how i was doing. I do not like to meet people when im in town and with the amount of time iv been off i know that others in the workplace will be hearing about this. Is there anything they can do?. My GP has recommended me to try and leave the house as much as i can and do exercise so im only operating on my doctors advice. Could my boss refuse to pay me statutory sick pay due to this or anything like that. Its not like i was having the time of my life when i bumped into my colleague. I was simply looking forward to getting back to my house.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
No your boss wont be able to do anything. You can still be too ill for work and be able to go to town.

katya

katya

No your boss wont be able to do anything. You can still be too ill for work and be able to go to town.
Absolutely. You're doing what you need to get better, and if they do say anything, they can correspond with your doctor about it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Depression Forum 11